OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best Vest for carrying more stuff/weight

Started by kevin2, March 05, 2015, 11:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin2

I am looking for a vest that will carry weight & more stuff better. My current vest/s leave my shoulders and neck beat and sore at the end of a hunt.
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

kevin2

It is on sale now too! I'll have to take a look at it this weekend...

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 05, 2015, 11:36:42 PM
Tactical Tater II

Snoodsniper

Maybe try the Technical turkey pants??? It'd be less weight on your shoulders.

Gobble!

Seems like a super elite 3 has more storage pockets than most.

alloutdoors

Quote from: Snoodsniper on March 06, 2015, 04:11:39 AM
I would recommend against it. I have the pants and really like them, but I rarely use the call pockets, anything you put in them swings around and bangs into your leg constantly,  the heavier it is the worse it is. Ol' Tom also makes their box call pockets way too tight in my opinion, very few of my custom boxes even fit. They should have used a drawstring cinch.

55esox

Take a look at the Tat'r. you can snug it up, so it fits almost like a backpack, and the gamebag can hold quite a bit of stuff.

Gamblinman

The Cabela's vest are more than capable. I'm using a Limbhanger and have put a blind
(Ameristep doghouse), chair and decoys in the game bag and hauled it all to the field.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Gobble!

Quote from: alloutdoors on March 06, 2015, 08:42:30 AM
Quote from: Snoodsniper on March 06, 2015, 04:11:39 AM
I would recommend against it. I have the pants and really like them, but I rarely use the call pockets, anything you put in them swings around and bangs into your leg constantly,  the heavier it is the worse it is. Ol' Tom also makes their box call pockets way too tight in my opinion, very few of my custom boxes even fit. They should have used a drawstring cinch.

:agreed:

TauntoHawk

If I have additional stuff to haul into the field I opt for a back pack/fanny pack. I have a box, and a double pot belt pouch that i can slide on the pack waist trap. Also the ol tom vestless shirt carrys a few calls well on the chest.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Timmer

Lots of threads on vests, you will see a couple of names as the repeat favorites. 

When I hit the field I'm out for the day, so I carry everything with that I may need.  I have found my Tatr II to be comfortable even when packed to the hilt.
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

kevin2

This is one of my vests, and while you can store lots of stuff in it, it leaves my shoulders and neck very sore. HAS to be a better option out there!

Quote from: Gobble! on March 06, 2015, 08:03:40 AM
Seems like a super elite 3 has more storage pockets than most.

kevin2

I just put a Cabelas Tactical Tatr II on hold...going to see it tomorrow!

Turkeyman62

A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

VA_Birdhunter

I love my  super elite 3!  I'm currently on my second one.

God bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens