turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

UV brighteners.

Started by deerbasshunter3, March 05, 2015, 10:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

I have seen this mentioned a few times on another post so I thought I would see what people think.

Do you worry about UV brighteners or what kind of detergent you wash your turkey clothes in?

surehuntsalot

No, you don't have to be worried about camo or the color of it, all you got to be careful about is movement.
Move at the wrong time and the game is over I don't care what you are wearing.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Marc

I do...

My wife does not wash my hunting clothes with the other clothes anyways, so it takes no extra effort...

I do not believe that camouflage is as important as movement...  But anything that adds contrast also makes that movement more obvious...

And anyways, I'll take any advantage I can get, real or perceived...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Gooserbat

I wouldn't worry about it.  Any camo that halfway matches your surroundings works as long ad you dit still.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

tomstopper

Quote from: surehuntsalot on March 05, 2015, 11:12:34 PM
No, you don't have to be worried about camo or the color of it, all you got to be careful about is movement.
Move at the wrong time and the game is over I don't care what you are wearing.
:z-winnersmiley:

alloutdoors

Wait... people wash their turkey camo?

The Cohutta Strutter

Quote from: deerbasshunter3 on March 05, 2015, 10:13:25 PM
I have seen this mentioned a few times on another post so I thought I would see what people think.

Do you worry about UV brighteners or what kind of detergent you wash your turkey clothes in?
Blasphemy. Only dirt and blood on them should be the order for the season!,lol...Strutter.
Anybody seen America lately?

gobbler777

He was questioning using UV Brighteners; not wearing camo.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

Timmer

For the one or two times I was my camo each year, I think it's worth using detergent with UV inhibitors.  It certainly can't hurt.
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

SinGin

Look at your camo under a black light then decide for your self. I worry about it moving around in the dark somewhat.

Struthunter

A book that I read many years back showed a picture of how turkeys supposedly see uv brighteners in your camo clothes. It looked like you were in a or under black light

So I dont use them

born2hunt

I turkey hunt in the same camo that I deer hunt with so I wash them in the same scent free soap with UV inhibitors.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

West Augusta

All Free and Clear is a lot cheaper than the "Sportsmans" stuff you buy.  Look for it at the grocery store.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

deerbasshunter3

Quote from: West Augusta on March 06, 2015, 07:32:32 PM
All Free and Clear is a lot cheaper than the "Sportsmans" stuff you buy.  Look for it at the grocery store.

That is what we use, and what I used on my camo. I was wondering if it had UV brighteners in it, even though it did not say it anywhere on the bottle.

Cut N Run

Quote from: alloutdoors on March 06, 2015, 12:42:01 PM
Wait... people wash their turkey camo?

Mine gets hand washed in Free & Clear once, then rinsed and line dried before I douse it with permethrin for the upcoming season. Repeat next Spring.

Jim

Luck counts, good or bad.