OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Kick GT in 835?

Started by ThunderChickenGetter, March 05, 2015, 07:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThunderChickenGetter

My buddy is looking for a new Choke and asked me about the kicks gt Choke. His gun is a 835 with a 20" barrel. I think he shoots 3.5 longbeard #6's. Anybody have any experience with that combo or at least the gun and Choke?

jordanz7935

I shoot a .680 kicks gt in my 935 24"bbl. Shooting Winchester Longbeard 3.5" #5s getting mid 170's in the 10" circle. I could get bigger numbers with a different choke or by switching to #6s but i like the pattern im getting now. Nice even pattern with no big gaps yet open enough to give myself some wiggle room @ close range.It was very effective on a gobbler last year @ "40"yds.

snapper1982

I gave a gt to a friend of mine. He put it in his 20 inch 835 and it shoots an awesome pattern with longbeard 5s and 6s.

Salt Creek

I shoot a 24" 835 with the kicks 680.  I've tried some other chokes but the kicks works good in my gun.  shooting 230's with LB # 6 and 130's with LB #5.

Roost 1

GT .680 here too..... Mag blends or lb 5s

laker

The Kicks GT is a great choke. Alot of people here seem to overlook it because Kick's warns against using HTL loads with it, and alot of people here use Hevi shot.
You should have great results with it in the 835.

old3toe

Yep Kicks gt .680. My uncle has used this choke in his 835 for years. His gun has 24" barrel. It shot very well in my 20" barrel 835 too. He shot one 229 in 10" at 40 yards pattern last year while i was there. I really like their chokes for lead loads.