turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Non mainstream items you use

Started by Gooserbat, March 05, 2015, 11:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Tom

A Skoal tobacco can for mouth calls...drill holes in bottom for moisture to get out...a hang rope/string to carry bird out over shoulder...small tape measure...scales...toilet p.....cap light...extra batteries...and doesn't hurt to have a rabbit foot hanging some where because we all need all the luck we can get and that's not enough most of time.

turkaholic

Never leave home without my turkey wing, great for scratching and lots of other turkey related sounds. I keep my mouth calls in a no loose case on my vest chest strap for quick access. I bought "buddy lock" system components and sewed them on my vest for my GPS and water bottle or thermo cell if I need them. I use bread bags with a rubber band to slide over the birds neck to keep blood off my legs. Thick rubber bands for fastening turkey tags. I customized my seat so it flips up between my back and the vest so it is quiet and not hanging up on branches when your trying to be sneaky, yet quick to get ready.
live to hunt hunt to live

RemingtonRules

Woodsmanship and time.  Not used a lot in today's world.

MEbeardlover

I have a 3 gallon plastic bucket with camo seat lid. 3 gallon size is perfect. It held floor leveler in its first life. Roughed it up and spray painted with flat black, green, and tan. Makes a great seat, especially when you a little extra height. Great size for ground blind too. And, of course, you can carry stuff in the bucket.

RiverRoost

Keep an portable phone charger and cord in my vest. Mine is an EOTECH that is about the size of a roll of sprees and has a built in light. Will get me about one full charge from completely dead

Gooserbat

Quote from: Trappey on March 05, 2015, 11:09:01 PM
Keep an portable phone charger and cord in my vest. Mine is an EOTECH that is about the size of a roll of sprees and has a built in light. Will get me about one full charge from completely dead

I like!
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

stone road turkey calls

Thermos hot coffee, beef jerky, water and a small pop up umbrella.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Bigspurs68

I keep a couple garbage bags in my truck to put over the seat when I come back drenched. That way my truck doesn't end up smelling like a stagnant pond. Always carry gallon ziplocks for morels, a pair of thin rubber gloves and a pen with black tape rolled around it for tags.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

tomstopper

Epi Pen (Bees sting allergy)
Baby Wipes (travel size)

Cut N Run

I carry some rolled, pre-cut sections of thin wire for tying limbs back rather than cutting them off. It works great if you have a spot you plan to return to because there will be good cover next time that isn't as obvious as a bunch of dead limbs sticking out of the ground.

Jim

Luck counts, good or bad.

wvboy

Newspaper bags.. Orange if I can find them.. and rubber bands to put over bloody head for the tote out.

Onion Bag for Morels .. gotta spread those Spores back to the earth for future Morels ..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

Hooksfan

Ziplog bags for any mushrooms I come across.
Pruning shears--which I kind of consider standard equipment.
Zipties for attaching tags.

FullChoke

Handmade leather case for mouthcalls.
Handmade deer antler turkey tote
Handmade terrapin shell slate call
Handmade wingbone yelper
Handmade cowhorn yelper
Handmade custom gun camouflage
Handmade paracord gun sling
Handmade custom vest
Real hen wing

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: FullChoke on March 06, 2015, 11:42:01 AM
Handmade leather case for mouthcalls.
Handmade deer antler turkey tote
Handmade terrapin shell slate call
Handmade wingbone yelper
Handmade cowhorn yelper
Handmade custom gun camouflage
Handmade paracord gun sling
Handmade custom vest
Real hen wing

Would love to see pictures

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

snapper1982

Sandwich size ziplock with corn startch( does the same thing as money butt powder)
A couple 2 3/4 inch rio 1 1/4 ounce 7.5s