turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How many

Started by TauntoHawk, March 05, 2015, 09:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

I know some of you have incredible turkey call collections, just how many? Give a rough number of how many calls you have, only ones you consider hunting condition not dried out mouth calls or old cracked boxes. I don't Have much of a collection if I don't plan to use it in the woods I trade or sell the calls

Diaphragms - 30ish that I know where they are and are in hunting condition

Pot calls - 7

Strikers - 20's maybe

Box calls - 6

Trumpets - 0

Tube calls - 1

Other - 1
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

West Augusta

I'm not sure that I really want to know how many turkey calls I have.   :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

hunter22

Well over 500 strikers....... I an thinking about cutting back. LOL

letinmfly

Quote from: hunter22 on March 05, 2015, 10:24:52 AM
Well over 500 strikers....... I an thinking about cutting back. LOL

Who are you kidding Rickey?  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

TauntoHawk

Hunter22 I have no idea how some of you decided what to take to the woods with such extensive collections without using a wagon.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

hunter22

You would be surprised at how few calls I actually hunt. I have some that I call "turkey magnets." LOL

pauld

I don't want to think about it....I just don't want too.....

TauntoHawk

Quote from: hunter22 on March 05, 2015, 10:43:26 AM
You would be surprised at how few calls I actually hunt. I have some that I call "turkey magnets." LOL

I think that's what we all strive to find, the calls that we have unwavering confidence with in the woods.

hunter22

I have told people before that I called 15 gobblers to the gun three years ago with one ole pot call. I have semi-retired that one but I keep asking myself why? I will tell you this, it came from West Virginia. LOL

callmakerman

Not as many as Rickey but still quite a few. I have one pot call that I retired a few years back that a friend and member on here made me. That call was the last turkey talk that those gobblers heard and if I remember right I called at least 15 birds to the gun for myself and a few others.

mgm1955

Quote from: West Augusta on March 05, 2015, 10:17:52 AM
I'm not sure that I really want to know how many turkey calls I have.   :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
That's for sure with my collection!  I was organizing some box calls the other day and my wife looked at me and smiled then said " look around you and tell me you don't have a problem." Glad she was only seeing some of my calls!!

turkey-slayer

I keep telling myself that a turkey hunter can never have too many turkey calls. As long as they are Real Hunting Calls that you would take to the woods. But I got a few that don't get used so much. I told the wife to sell um if they collect too much dust. Guess I better hide them too!

gaswamp

just wondering why you would retire a turkey call

dirt road ninja

Quote from: gaswamp on March 05, 2015, 09:12:42 PM
just wondering why you would retire a turkey call

That's my way of saying I broke/lost it.