turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Project to keep busy

Started by ghillie, March 04, 2015, 04:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghillie

Have been looking for off season projects and thought this would be a good idea. After a little looking I found a true diamond in the rough. I am now the proud, second 'civilian' owner of this exceptional find. I was notified of it on July 8th, called the gentlemen on the 9th and brought it home on the 10th. Not only did I score this fine vehicle but quite a few 'extras' with it. Including a M1 Garand that goes in the rifle carrier on the dash.  The serial number on the M1 is in the 162XXX thousand range so it was made early 41'. Also included were many jerry cans, a large radio, whip antenna, full canvas top, side curtains and doors. A medical stretcher, first aid kit, etc etc.  All original. Actually the paint on this is still the original as well as the seat canvas.  Still a 24v system, fording capable with waterproof engine and snorkel ready. This M38 was made 4/52 by Willys Overland and was #61827 out of 72329 made. 4-134 engine, T-90 trans, Dana 18 transfer case, Dana 25 and 44 axle. Although I wanted a project, there is not a lot to do for this jeep other than replace some seals, old webbing, general lube job, etc. Did the brakes all around, shocks, bulb replacements, changed some sending devices, etc. Runs fantastic, sips fuel and will be a great jeep for turkey hunting.

bammerslammer 50

:drool: wow man what a find. That thing almost belongs in a museum. Congratulations.

Roost 1

I bet an old gobbler or two takes a ride in it..

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

porcupine

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

jblackburn

Wow, congrats on saving a piece of history!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

tomstopper

Wow. Very nice. Now that is a turkey ride......

Mike Honcho

That is just plain AWESOME!  Like the Garand too...need some Garand clips? , got a few I don't need.

mgm1955

Very nice! Great piece of history!!

BowBendr

Awesome ride Steven !!
Good to see you posting brother, it's been awhile...

Sent from Gobblers Knob, NC

RemingtonRules

Put a lot of miles behind a bird dog in one of those.  Still wish we had it.

RutnNStrutn

Beauty of a Jeep!!! :icon_thumright: :you_rock:
Any pics of the Garand?