turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Diaphragm Call Suggestions

Started by ChocolateHeads, March 04, 2015, 03:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChocolateHeads

I have bought soooooo many diaphragm calls that I just can make sound like a turkey. I've got one old Primos that a buddy gave that sounds like a champ. Anyone have a good suggestion for this season?

Chris Downs

Champion's Choice by Sadler McGraw.

Swampchickin234

Hooks ---- read up on cuts that you like and there will be info on each call on the website. Find on that's easy to blow or just call them and ask.   Primos limbhanger is a real easy call to blow that's cheap too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbird22

I'd try a few from Hooks and Houndstooth

Spitten and drummen

I don't know , but I have 3 coming from lyle at houndstooth to try. the tombomb , Dixie champion and the vixen. heard good things about them. will post when I get them.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Bowguy

Hooks, best 5 bucks you'll spend. Make sure you order full size tape if that's what you want

wvlimbhanger

Hooks executioner 2 and gooserbat bacon are probably my favorites now. Also like the woodhaven copperhead but at twice the price I'm done with it.....and I've killed a pile of birds with it.

TauntoHawk

Houndstooth continue to impress me, the hooks executioner II will always go hunting with me, as will Hallorans TKO.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

drum817

I'm a fan of Hooks mouth calls, that being said there are a lot of great calls out there!!!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

BABS9

savduck

Lyle at Houndstooth makes awesome mouth calls
Georgia Boy

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

ridgerunner

Woodhaven Copperhead for me..but I rarely use mouth calls anymore..if I do, it's a copperhead.

Bowguy

Quote from: wvlimbhanger on March 04, 2015, 09:20:49 PM
Hooks executioner 2 and gooserbat bacon are probably my favorites now. Also like the woodhaven copperhead but at twice the price I'm done with it.....and I've killed a pile of birds with it.
I agree w ya, I also was a copperhead guy but have zero plans to ever buy one again. Woodhaven is good no doubt, no better though than tons of others that are affordable