turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which Halloran?

Started by budtripp, March 03, 2015, 07:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

budtripp

Looking at getting a Halloran glass call this year and keep going back and forth between the crystal mistress, double glass, and sugertown sweetness. I'm leaning towards the mistress but can't help but wonder about the double glass especially since its $15 cheaper. Then again, I do like 2 sided calls, which lead me to consider the sugertown sweetness, which I really don't hear too much about. Quite the dilemma.  :z-dizzy: Any thoughts?

Ocoee Ridge Runner

Birds in my neck of the wood love the mistress to death...

yelpaholic

mistress   but I have only tried the mistress and twisted sister

Spring Creek Calls

Can't go wrong with any of those. I'd go with the double glass and put the $15 into one of David's one piece yellowheart strikers.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

mgm1955

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on March 03, 2015, 09:41:13 PM
Can't go wrong with any of those. I'd go with the double glass and put the $15 into one of David's one piece yellowheart strikers.
Great advice!

Tennessee Lead

I bought all new calls this year. All from David's stock. I wanted a couple more but wasn't able at the time. The double glass and the Sugartown sweetness were the 2 I didn't come home with. I left with a checkered short box, twisted sister, and slate over glass. I almost wish I would have gotten the Sugartown sweetness. It had a unique sound that I liked. Hopefully I will have it in my vest next year.

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

perrytrails

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on March 03, 2015, 09:41:13 PM

That double glass is really good...

Bowguy

Mistress is a great call.

jordanz7935

The crystal mistress is my go-to pot call. I havent tried any of his other pots but im sure they're all good. Ive had my eye on the sugartown sweetness for a whlile now.

chuckward

I have the mistress, its a killer. I played with the double glass at the convention and it is one sweet call. I regretted not bringing it home. You can't go wrong with either call. Chuck

budtripp

Thanks for the input gentlemen I ordered a crystal mistress today.  Looking forward to using it this spring.

Stump.270

i have had or played all of them my favorite is my mistress but my double glass is a really close second and the cackling crystal sounds a lot like the double glass but the double glass is a lil raspier but you cant go wrong any of them or his box calls I may be a little bias but davids are my favorite

houagie

I got the mistress for Christmas and it sounds great!!!....u made a great choice.

greentag

Quote from: houagie on March 13, 2015, 05:24:48 AM
I got the mistress for Christmas and it sounds great!!!....u made a great choice.
mistress for Christmas,i just now realized what AC/DC was talking about,when they wrote that song. ive got the mistress,the top shelf crystal,and a ebony,popular box.i like all his calls,any of them would be great! you will like that mistres..

captin_hook

Can't go wrong with any hollaran call. The surgartown sweetness is a great call