OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Avian X hens deflating?

Started by deerbasshunter3, March 01, 2015, 10:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

porcupine

Don't shoot em lol my buddy's kid shot his...it's got copper freckles now,and a couple bandaids  :funnyturkey:

Gawhitaker

Had one get two spur holes in it year before last, inflated and submerged to locate holes, patched with shoe goo. Used it last year with no deflation problems.

Old Gobbler

I wonder if that tire puncture stuff " slime" could be used with these decoys ?

It's that green stuff you pour into the innertube
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

ThunderChickenGetter

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 22, 2015, 11:03:20 AM
I wonder if that tire puncture stuff " slime" could be used with these decoys ?

It's that green stuff you pour into the innertube
Don't know how it would work but it sounds like a good Idea! If mine ever get a hole in em I may just try that.

kjnengr

Just asking, are you pushing the valve stem in after blowing it up?

deerbasshunter3

Quote from: kjnengr on March 22, 2015, 01:32:49 PM
Just asking, are you pushing the valve stem in after blowing it up?

Yes.

strut-n-rut

Quote from: 8upbowhunter on March 02, 2015, 07:25:40 AM
Our jake decoy did that last year and wouldn't hold any air but it didn't seem to bother that big ole tom that came in and attacked it.......he won't be doing that anymore lol. Mine was leaking where the stake goes so I just put some silicone down there with a small wooden dowel and spread it evenly, no leaks anymore.
mine is doing the same thing. hope i can put some sealant on it and fix it

JuniorPre 360

My Avian X breeder hen also loses air after an hour. This is inside of my home. It's brand new. I blow it up and can't hear any air coming out anywhere. Are you guys seeing it's always on the top back where the mold is sealed?

cuppednlocked

Just use a spray bottle of soapy solution and you'll find the leak.  There is no need to submerge the whole decoy.

Big Treble

Don't know if this applies to to the other decoys, but the HS Strut Snood decoys come with a note stating that they are not designed to be 100% air tight and you are to blow them up and immediately stick them in a hot shower or use a hair dryer on the decoy to re form the shape from being deflated.

I did look at the DS and Avian x and they appeared to be similar material, where the material could actually hold the shape on its own.

Just a thought

Tommyttapz

There is a YouTube video from Avian X that shows a fix for air leaking around the area the stake goes in with superglue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk