turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Avian X hens deflating?

Started by deerbasshunter3, March 01, 2015, 10:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

I have had an Avian Feeding hen blown up for several days. I just picked it up and noticed that it had lost some air.

Is this normal for these decoys?

Should I not leave it inflated for that long?

Xtrema30

i just sent a strutter back bc you could blow it up and the next day it had lost a good bit. they replaced it and paid for shipping. All 3 of my other hens hold air good.

deerbasshunter3

It isn't deflated enough to not hunt with and I don't mind adding a couple of puffs of air each morning, but I expect a little more for what you pay for these decoys. Plus, I already threw out the box and do not want to risk not getting it back by April.

I guess they are like a tire or anything else that has to be inflated, if it sits long enough, it will eventually start to lose some air?

Marc

Temperature and altitude can create some differences in air pressure...

Blow it up in a warm house, and store it in a cold garage it will deflate some.

Less likely, if for some reason you were at a considerably higher altitude when you blew it up, it would deflate some as you came back down...

If you want to see if it leaks, blow it up fully, submerge it, and look for air bubbles.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

8upbowhunter

Our jake decoy did that last year and wouldn't hold any air but it didn't seem to bother that big ole tom that came in and attacked it.......he won't be doing that anymore lol. Mine was leaking where the stake goes so I just put some silicone down there with a small wooden dowel and spread it evenly, no leaks anymore.

2eagles

order another one
when it gets to you box the leaker up
send it back for refund
hunt

TauntoHawk

When I had an issue with one after several seasons I contacted them. They sent one out that day and I had it 3 days later. they said to wait and just return the defective one in the new box when it arrived so that way i wasn't without a decoy for any period of time. Excellent CS

The issue was also my fault, I broke the internal piece where the stake goes by having a tool chest slide into it in the back of the truck. They still replaced it and paid shipping both ways. I have the jake and two hens, i dont carry decoys often because of a run and gun style but when I do use them they work well.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tha bugman

+1
Quote from: 2eagles on March 02, 2015, 07:25:40 AM
order another one
when it gets to you box the leaker up
send it back for refund
hunt

Skyhawk

I also had to use some silicone where the stake hits the top of the decoy. It held well all last season. I haven't checked it this year yet.

KansasGobbler

That's why you should stick with BondonkaDekes...pure quality!!!

West Augusta

Mine developed a leak in the molding hole in the back.  I shot it with some Goop and it has held ever since.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

deerbasshunter3

Yeah, I need to blow it up and submerge it to find the hole. Shouldn't be a hard fix.

Gobble!

Wait till that thing takes a few stray bbs

deerbasshunter3

Yeah, I sort of figured that might be an issue. I guess at that point, I will wish I had bought the DSD.

strut-n-rut

my jake is leaking around the stem where you blow it up hoping i can get another one soon