OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Everyone needs to see this before the season starts

Started by dawgfrombama, March 01, 2015, 08:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawgfrombama

sorry if this is a repost.  I would never do this even on private land.   This new fad is going to get people hurt.

http://huntsrc.com/blog/dangerous-turkey-hunting-method-called-fanning/

Spitten and drummen

Yeah they already have posted on this. Me myself would never do it , but to each their own. I wouldn't shoot at a fan personaly. I aim at the wattles, if I can't see them , well I just wouldn't shoot. With that being said their are plenty of people that shoot at any and everything , even hen yelping.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

zelmo1

:TrainWreck1: This could happen. What a stupid idea. I cannot believe people consider this, UGH

g8rvet

Thanks for posting this. Should be required viewing to get a license. Unfortunately, there are people shot every year not even using a fan. No sense in making it even more dangerous.

I'm so nervous toting one out that I throw a blaze orange swath over me and the bird.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Cutt

Don't understand, stalking a turkey by any means just isn't turkey hunting anyways.

turkaholic

bad practice, most states I hunt in require it to be a bearded bird. need to see the beard,
live to hunt hunt to live

Bowguy

Hmmm reminds me of an old cartoon where the guy had his mother in law wear a hooded sweatshirt in the woods. When she put up the hood, horns were attached. That's not illegal is it?

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

jason5.9

I can't believe it is considered a bad idea to dress like the animal that everyone is hunting...  During deer season I like to drape a hide over me and crawl around in the field with the herd...  Wow! I hope people are taught to confirm their target before shooting but I would never try this technique.

nsselle

Not real smart, as already stated you should never shoot at just a fan, but i get someone has or the video wouldnt have been made. Very disturbing.

Bowguy

Struthunter

seen this tv before pretty dangerous with all the amateur hunters out there, at least there are on public land. But if a gobbler was hung up and i had one I would use it.

surehuntsalot

if this is what I had to resort to, to get a shot at a turkey, I would stay at home
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

fountain2

Quote from: Struthunter on March 06, 2015, 06:23:20 PM
seen this tv before pretty dangerous with all the amateur hunters out there, at least there are on public land. But if a gobbler was hung up and i had one I would use it.

At least you will admit to it!  I'd bet most here would too, but can't admit on here.  I'd do it too and plan to try it this spring.

Struthunter

Quote from: fountain2 on March 07, 2015, 07:42:43 AM
Quote from: Struthunter on March 06, 2015, 06:23:20 PM

At least you will admit to it!  I'd bet most here would too, but can't admit on here.  I'd do it too and plan to try it this spring.
Whatever it takes to get it done is how I run