turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ss checkered box walnut over maple vs holloran p heart cedar

Started by Stump.270, February 28, 2015, 07:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stump.270

I have a ss walnut maple on the way from a recent trade how does it sound compare to a holloran Purple Heart cedar box I have wanted the holloran for a long time but I want the box calls experts opinion I have a cherry poplar woodhaven real hen I'm liking more and more everyday what do you think

drum817

I think they will sound like different hens on any given day.  Let us know what you think!  For me box calls come down to a few things..... 1. Does it sound real?  2. How easy does run? 3. Will it play quietly?  Finding a box that will doo all three is not as easy as it sounds.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Stump.270

hunter22

I have that combo from Albert Paul and it is a higher pitched call. But the callmaker can tune them however you specify. I asked Albert for a call to use to hunt Rios.

daymude7288

I have ss butternut/maple and that baby will sing! I want to try a holloran but probably not until next year.

M Sharpe

I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

skimerhorn

Can't say anything bad about anything that comes from ss

Stump.270

I can't wait to get it but David's boxes have been the best I've heard and easiest to play how heavy r the lids on the ss I know David's purpleheart lid u just pull it toward you perfect yelp everytime

turkey stew

My SSCustom calls are the easiest running callers in my arsenal. They yelp, cut, cluck, purr, and gobble with the best! They sound realistic and run with very little pressure. You will enjoy that caller. Congrats!

mgm1955

You won't be disappointed. I have many SS calls in lots of combos and they all are full of turkey and easy to play. Congrats!!