turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The Trojan Horse

Started by Tommy Strutsalot, February 26, 2015, 10:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy Strutsalot

Just a little piece of advice for some of you guys who may find yourself in the same situation as I. 

Had a fixin' for a new turkey gun, and started doing the research.  Presented the idea to my girlfriend with whom I live (I call her "The Landlord") who suggested I wait until we return from our vacation in Mexico.  As my mother will tell you from her experiences, the way I handle women is I'll agree to just about anything to avoid the initial confrontation, and then do what I want anyway, and deal with the backfire as it may come.

A great way to get a new unexpected gun in the home in which you wish to keep a secret, is to:

1) Leave home the day of the intended purchase with your most frequently used shotgun case, empty, in  your possession.
2) Take a "similar" (similar to them, not to you, think outside the box) looking firearm from the gun cabinet, and place it somewhere safe, and that is not likely to be found by the woman.
3) Purchase the firearm you want.  Remove it from the box.  Place new gun in the old case, and all of the hardware and parts that accompany the new firearm into the storage pocket on the gun case. 
4) Enter the house carrying the new gun case, and place it off to the side, or even somewhere in the way, as you may frequently do during your waterfowl or other hunting season season. This may seem counter-intuitive, but the behavior falls in line with "expected" behaviors vs. unexpected.  Leave it there until she asks you to move it, as is customary.
5) When in the shower, remove the new gun from it's case, and place it in the furthest spot to the right in the cabinet.  The firearm in this position is often obscured by the door frame and is also possibly subject to glare depending on it's placement in the room. 
6) Wait 2-3 weeks before reintroducing previously existing firearm into gun cabinet.  Rinse and repeat. 

Just brought this beauty home...

davisd9

I just buy the gun, bring it in, and say to my wife, "look what I just bought, what do you think of it?"  I have no need or desire to do it behind her back because I would not like it if she did it to me.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Tommy Strutsalot

BORING.  Lol, just kidding, thanks for your sincere response.  It was more of a lighthearted joke that I thought might make some laugh, versus a serious dishonesty in my relationship. I'm just feeling a little saucy and excited about my new tool.  Do ya at least like my gun!? lol

Chilly

You sure put a lot of thought into this....Sneaky...
Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

davisd9

You will be very pleased with the gun.  It should perform very well for you if you get it shooting right and do your part.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

bbcoach

Quote from: davisd9 on February 26, 2015, 10:09:56 AM
I just buy the gun, bring it in, and say to my wife, "look what I just bought, what do you think of it?"  I have no need or desire to do it behind her back because I would not like it if she did it to me.
Agree with davis!  Deceit and lying, What a great way to build TRUST with your girlfriend or maybe future wife!  NOT!  Nice gun though.

Snoodsniper

Nice gun. Other than that. Ummmm......no comment. Wait maybe one. To the fellers who say they've never lied to their woman. You're FOS!

Deputy 14

I definitely do the gun case trick. Hahahahaha

davisd9

Quote from: Snoodsniper on February 26, 2015, 03:15:17 PM
Nice gun. Other than that. Ummmm......no comment. Wait maybe one. To the fellers who say they've never lied to their woman. You're FOS!

::)

Tail Feathers

I use the whine and moan method.  Whine about needing a new gun and moan that it's kind of expenisve.  Eventually she'll tell me to go ahead and but it if I'll shut up.

Don't laugh, your kids do it to you! :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Gooserbat

Every time I think I want a new gun I go look at the price tag, then the gun.  Stii haven't bough the Benelli.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Assault

I buy what ever guns I want...... I don't lie to my wife, I use to not tell her..... About 6 years ago I sold an AR and bought an 870 SM and a Rem 597..... About 3 weeks later I get a call while offshore, "hey, what happened to the black gun in the cabinet, I see you got 2 new guns"...... Funny thing, she thought someone stole a gun! Lol but my wife is in and out of my gun safe non stop...... I learned early, lying doesn't pay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g8rvet

I'm so good in the sack, my wife tells me, "Get whatever gun you want, Stud".

Oh wait, I thought  we were all lying about what we do.  Nevermind.   :funnyturkey:
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

albrubacker

Quote from: g8rvet on February 28, 2015, 08:33:43 AM
I'm so good in the sack, my wife tells me, "Get whatever gun you want, Stud".

Oh wait, I thought  we were all lying about what we do.  Nevermind.   :funnyturkey:
:TooFunny:
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Mike Honcho

I always let my wife know what guns I buy, but I have found it helps to mention that it would likely be used by one of the grandsons when I hunt with them...surefire method of getting a new gun!

I had a friend who was sales mgr. for a company and traveled extensively...they paid him mileage to drive his personal pickup a 2002 Chevy.  He was a certifiable gun nut and had re-married late in life to an Italian lady from Brooklyn, NY.  She didn't like him buying guns so he came up with the idea of calling her from the road with a truck breakdown story and he needed money for repairs....then he would buy a gun with the money. I'm talking Kimber high powered rifles, not inexpensive guns.

One day I was over having coffee with him and the wife when she starts hitting him up about trading off his old truck because it had cost them several thousand in repairs last year...I almost spit my coffee out!  I absolutely don't condone his actions but it did strike me as pretty funny.

In a stroke of Karma he lost his job and ended up selling all his guns to pay bills until he got a new job...he has restarted his collection again I heard.