turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What a long day at the range, but...

Started by deerbasshunter3, February 25, 2015, 04:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

Well, I went to the range today and had quite the experience. My front sight that I put on the other day was off, so I put on the back sight of the Hi Viz Tri Viz sights. Well, that ended up being way to high with the sight combination. so, as I was trying to take off the front sight to put on the front HVTV sight (You cannot adjust elevation on rear HVTV sight.), the screw stripped. So, me being a semi-redneck, I happen to have some needle-nose pliers with me. I used those to pry at the front sight and break it off. I was then able to get a hold of the screw with the pliers and turn it out of the gun. I then put on the front HVTV  sight and gave it a few minutes to let the adhesive tape and the blue sealant stuff dry a little. After that, my gun was dead on at approximately 15 yards without having to adjust the sights. I eventually had to fold my gun case in half and put it between my shoulder and the gun because my shoulder was so sore. I have never shot so many shells in one sitting as I have today.

After all of that, and a very sore shoulder, this is my result at 40 yards:

born2hunt

Well what load and choke did ya finally go with, that dont look to bad. 
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

deerbasshunter3

Hevi Shot .662/ Winchester LongBeard 3" #6.

I still have a couple of boxes of the LB 3" #5 and the Double X 3" in #5 and #6, so may keep those around in the event that I end up hunting in an area that is only going to offer a shorter shot.

mgm1955

Looks like there's gonna be some turkeys that'll be unhappy you spent so much time at the range. Good luck this spring!

surehuntsalot

looks like you found your combo, good luck with it
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Gobble!

Now your cooking. Glad you took that gun to the range aren't you!

Mike Honcho

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Marc

Looks good...

I might adjust your hold point a tad lower, as although you had plenty of pellets in the kill zone, it looks like you had more pellets grouped above the kill zone than below...

Where did you hold on that target?
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

deerbasshunter3

Quote from: Marc on February 26, 2015, 09:55:31 PM
Looks good...

I might adjust your hold point a tad lower, as although you had plenty of pellets in the kill zone, it looks like you had more pellets grouped above the kill zone than below...

Where did you hold on that target?

I held lower neck. About where the feathers end and neck begins.

Bigspurs68

I agree, I'd have to move it down just a bit. Hate to waste a pattern over their head. I wouldn't sweat it tho. You'll kill em just fine.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

bammerslammer 50