turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

No decoys, no blind?

Started by Blong, February 25, 2015, 10:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rwgrobe

I'd rather go to a gobbling bird and hunt him then sit in a blind and watch decoys. Also like running and gunning when the birds are quiet and try to fire one up.

guesswho

What is this turkey hunting without decoys and a blind y'all speak of?   Sounds like a waste of time to me.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

perrytrails

I set a blind up for rainy days or if I take a kid. It stays in that spot all season.

I've seen more bad than good when using decoys. Just my experience. I don't use them.

If I can't get on a bird at daylight I'll set up and call for awhile or run the ridges trying to get a gobble. If no luck there I'm in the truck on my way to another hunting area.

Idk how many times I've hit that second spot, cut real loud or crow call and get a gobble. Then it's hustle in and set up. Takin many birds this way.

Rick Howard

Id rather not sit in one spot for long.  Carrying the decoys and blind from spot to spot would be less enjoyable to me.  I like the walk and change of scenery now and again.  This might not be the best method but its how I like to hunt.

mudhen

Yes.

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

northms

I usually put out a flock of funky chickens and badonkadekes in front of my godzilla pop up blind every time.    ;D

guesswho

Quote from: northms on February 25, 2015, 02:37:49 PM
I usually put out a flock of funky chickens and badonkadekes in front of my godzilla pop up blind every time.    ;D
That's an excellent plan if you want to limit out early, or don't have long to hunt.  I appreciate your continued support!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

BowBendr

I only use decoys and blinds when I'm hunting a field in the pouring rain.

hobbes

Quote from: guesswho on February 25, 2015, 01:35:48 PM
What is this turkey hunting without decoys and a blind y'all speak of?   Sounds like a waste of time to me.

Never heard of it.  I'm just looking forward to trying out my new Mojo Super Turkey Flapper.  I am wondering how Ill find the time to stake out a dozen wind sock turkey dekes

bamagtrdude

Quote from: northms on February 25, 2015, 02:37:49 PM

I intend to try this out this spring!  :)

BGD
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

strut2

surehuntsalot

decoys ever so often, no much
blind, on rainy days
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

CT Spur Collector

Been sitting at the base of a big ole oak tree here in PA all my life.

I think I've only killed two toms with my single "blow up" hen decoy, (I think she cost be $9.00 and I keep patchin her).

Never been in a blind.

WildTigerTrout

Don't use blinds or decoys. I never have and never will. I like the challenge of hunting the old tom without them.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!