Main Menu

The Evaluation

Started by allaboutshooting, February 24, 2015, 06:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKFOOTER

Quote from: allaboutshooting on February 26, 2015, 10:55:12 AM
Quote from: SKFOOTER on February 25, 2015, 03:57:16 PM
Quote from: SKFOOTER on February 24, 2015, 09:20:42 PM
Clark, how accurate do you feel the new Winchester Pattern Apps are??? :OGturkeyhead:
Once again, Clark.   :OGturkeyhead:

Sorry, I can't be of any help there. I haven't spent any time with them. I did get the press release from Winchester but that's about it.

Thanks,
Clark
But surely you can view the patterns posted on their app versus your own personal patterning evaluations and come to some conclusion as to how their's compare to yours???

allaboutshooting

Sure I can do that. When you get your NWTF magazine this month, you can do that as well.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

bcknuts

Where would this sport be with out  Clark Bush.Thank you Clark for all your help. Now go ice that shoulder and take a couple Advil.And two shots of good stuff in a mason jar lol.    Kevin
Kevin

Spring Creek Calls

Got my magazine today and the article is stuffed full of info. Was the first thing I read. Good job Clark!
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

darron

Just read the article. Looks like the SSX was a top performer along with the JEBS and rhino I believe. 

datrip

Waiting on the mailman right now...looking forward to the read. Again....thanks Clark!!!
Whatever is over my head is under His feet.
Member of the Tenth Legion since 2007

allaboutshooting

I really appreciate the positive comments and hope you find the information helpful.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

jblackburn

Got the magazine yesterday and immediately read your article, my shoulder hurts for you!  But thank you for what you endured to bring that information to us!

I do have a couple questions:

First, which chokes had wad strippers vs not, I've been thinking about a Pure Gold for win choke/invector, but I'm not sure what I want . . .

Second, we visited briefly at NWTF and I know why you did not have many 835 chokes, but what is your best guess on a more open Jebs choke, .650 seems a bit over-choked to me for that gun.

Again, thank you for that wealth of information!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Ocoee Ridge Runner

I don't get the magazine. What chokes performed best in incevtor plus?

jordanz7935

Was the ssx the top performer, really?. Kind of hard to beleive for me. It just so happens you have a truglo logo on your hat,your shirt and your gun! What a coincidence!.Now most of us understand my next point, its an evaluation of what chokes do in YOUR guns. I could go out and buy every gun you tested with every choke you tested and have completely different results. Guns are individuals. A choke that patterns great in your 21"bbl 870 12 ga probably is going to pattern differently in your buddys 21" bbl 870 12 ga. And an honest evaluation would have been to not approach the choke manufacturers @ all. How do you know the chokes they sent you werent modified in some way to pattern better with those particular shells?? Its hard for anyone to take these results with more than a grain of salt with all the "sponsorships" involved.Sorry but i call 'em like i see 'em

SKFOOTER

alloutdoors

Wish I could read the article, am I the only one still waiting for this issue to show up in their mailbox?

RutnNStrutn

That was quite the undertaking! Good job Clark!! :icon_thumright:

Benelli Man 22

I read the article and really appreciate the hard work, but one thing is blowing my mind.  If I read it right you shot 3 times with each and then took out the high and the low.  That would leave one shot so the table is showing one shot.  Is that right?

I just don't understand how one shot means anything but as I said thank you for the work.

jblackburn

Quote from: jordanz7935 on March 03, 2015, 05:06:32 PM
Was the ssx the top performer, really?. Kind of hard to beleive for me. It just so happens you have a truglo logo on your hat,your shirt and your gun! What a coincidence!.Now most of us understand my next point, its an evaluation of what chokes do in YOUR guns. I could go out and buy every gun you tested with every choke you tested and have completely different results. Guns are individuals. A choke that patterns great in your 21"bbl 870 12 ga probably is going to pattern differently in your buddys 21" bbl 870 12 ga. And an honest evaluation would have been to not approach the choke manufacturers @ all. How do you know the chokes they sent you werent modified in some way to pattern better with those particular shells?? Its hard for anyone to take these results with more than a grain of salt with all the "sponsorships" involved.Sorry but i call 'em like i see 'em

I'm looking at the article right now and the ssx (or any Truglo, for that matter) is NOT listed as the top performer in any thread pattern.  Actually, the Truglo used to test the Rem-Choke was the WORST performing, still acceptable by the conventional 100 hits in the 10 inch circle, but 20+ pellets lower than the next one. 
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.