turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

No shoulders

Started by dirt road ninja, February 24, 2015, 04:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirt road ninja

When I run across a snake if I'm sure of the species I will leave non poisonous ones alone and dispatch all poisonous ones I come across. When in doubt I take it out. Was curious what y'all do.

Candyman

WildTigerTrout

If said snake(poisonous or not) is in the forest or field where it belongs I go about my business. No need to dispatch them when they are where they should be.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

bammerslammer 50

I usually go through two movements. A bowel movement then a physical movement. S#!+ then run. :emoticon-cartoon-012:

Blong

I kill cottonmouths and rattlers, leave the rest alone.

FullChoke

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on February 24, 2015, 04:58:04 PM
If said snake(poisonous or not) is in the forest or field where it belongs I go about my business. No need to dispatch them when they are where they should be.
100%  I am a strong advocate for mutual co-existence. Don't mess with me, I won't mess with you.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

remmy1187

Leave em alone.  They belong there just as much as me.

Gamblinman

Copperheads and rattlesnakes are immediately removed. All others get a free pass.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Gobble!

I let them go. Unless they are in the yard.

born2hunt

I absolutely can not bring myself to leave a moccasin or rattler and return to the area pre dawn and sit by a tree and enjoy my hunt. No sir, sorry, just cant... Ya'll coexist all you want while I better my odds.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

dirt road ninja

Thanks for all the replies!! I completely applaud the decision to live and let live! I just don't do it , maybe it was my upbringing, but we have always killed poisonous snakes. I pose another question to y'all - does that mentality apply to snakes only or does it extend to other nongame animals as well?

Do you shoot yotes? I do!

If you do shoot yotes, but don't kill snakes , why? They both feed on about the same things, they both live in the same woods.

mgm1955

Quote from: bammerslammer 50 on February 24, 2015, 05:38:13 PM
I usually go through two movements. A bowel movement then a physical movement. S#!+ then run. :emoticon-cartoon-012:
:TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Rokhal07

If it's in my yard unless it's a black snake its dead. The "live and let live "policy" in regards to snakes etc. is great for others to live by, I suppose, but to me it's the epitome of naivety.  I want to meet a coexisting rattlesnake.

GobbleNut

I just leave 'em be.  If they are someplace that I think I might run into them again, I just load 'em up and take them to a place that I don't plan on going and let 'em go. 

jason5.9

I usually dont pay much attention to them.  My Grandaddy used to get on me about seeing snakes in the woods all the time, he said, "if you stop lookin for em, youll stop seein em"

If it crawls across my lap I probably kill it.