OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

USPS

Started by hunter22, February 24, 2015, 01:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

Can somebody tell me how USPS can "lose" a package? I bought an item a couple weeks ago and been looking for it in my mail box each day. I looked at the tracking # and it just seemed to stop at a post office in Arizona. When I contacted the person I had bought the item from and he did some checking he was told the package was lost in the system. But now nothing can be done for some period of time while they look for my package. Are you kidding me?

Last week I sent a package 2-day priority mail to Alabama from Arkansas. I looked at the tracking and the package was in Kansas City, KS out for delivery last Friday. I called the post office and they informed me that my package got put on the wrong truck. Are you kidding me?

And we wonder why their system is so deep in debt.

davisd9

Buddy sent me a choke from Louisiana to SC and it took almost 2 weeks.  It is pitiful!  I have never trusted the USPS.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Turkeyman62

A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

alloutdoors

That stinks. I guess I've just always been lucky, I've never had them mess anything up badly. I actually prefer USPS when I'm receiving something from the west coast, USPS will get it to me in two days with Priority Mail,  FedEx and UPS take over a week.

ol bob

hunter22

My package was insured so I will eventually get something. But the bad thing is I need the item now. I ship a lot of packages and always insure them, not because I am afraid they will get broken but because I am afraid they will get lost. Something wrong will that scenario dealing with a federal agency.

dirtnap

A friend of mine mailed me some mouth calls on January 15 from NC.  I got them here in SC on February 20.  The envelope had been torn terribly like it was damaged in a mail sorting machine. 

The first batch he sent me I got an empty envelope that was torn to smithereens.  Never heard of such.

drenalinld

Thursday before last I sent a USPS money order to Montana and paid $19.95 for next day guaranteed which was 2nd day guaranteed by 3 pm on Saturday because it was near a small town and could not do next day. The guy contacted me the following Tuesday and it was not there. The tracking # showed it out for delivery in Florida???? It showed up the following Saturday. So 9 days for guaranteed next day. Really efficient. I am sure they will give me a refund for the $20 shipping but not the headaches. Frustrating.

Ross R

I have one going through UPS and then it gets transferred to USPS. It was 3-5 days shipping...  It showed up as in Miami last week and now it is showing in Jacksonville...Miami is the final destination. We are at 9 business days now with this order....    :TrainWreck1:

SinGin

In 40 plus years the USPS has never once lost a bill coming to my house, now thats some kind of record.

870FaceLift

Quote from: SinGin on February 24, 2015, 03:51:31 PM
In 40 plus years the USPS has never once lost a bill coming to my house, now thats some kind of record.

:TooFunny:  Funny (and depressing) how those bills always seem to find their way...

Seriously, though, I haven't had issues with USPS.  Any shipping issues that I have ever had are with the other large carriers.
Pass it on...

mgm1955

Quote from: SinGin on February 24, 2015, 03:51:31 PM
Too funny!

Snoodsniper

They lost a 700.00 money order that a dealer had sent for gun I was buying. He got his money back but it took quite a while.

Candyman

Last summer my inlaws mailed a package from Houston, TX to Jackson, MS.  Took 18 days to arrive.  Thought the Pony Express had it!!

gaswamp

Quote from: Ross R on February 24, 2015, 03:46:12 PM
I have one going through UPS and then it gets transferred to USPS. It was 3-5 days shipping...  It showed up as in Miami last week and now it is showing in Jacksonville...Miami is the final destination. We are at 9 business days now with this order....    :TrainWreck1:

USPS delivers a bunch of packages these days for FedEx and UPS but it just the last leg (Mile) of the city or town of final destination.  Also, most people don't realize but most all of USPS packages are shipped on FedEx and UPS jets