turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

USPS

Started by hunter22, February 24, 2015, 01:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

I got some mouth calls yesterday and the cases were smashed to tiny pieces glad it wasn't a box call in that package.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jakesdad

We have had utility bills come back to city hall with a "no current address" or "no longer lives here" sticker on it MONTHS after it was mailed out!  And I live in a town of 3500 people.

Also ordered a small item from a catalog type company one time.According to tracking number,package came to St Louis,went to Des Moines(which you have to pass thru my town to get too),went back to St Louis(pass thru #2)then was sent to processing facility in a larger town across the river from us in Illinois,then to my town then out for delivery. :TooFunny:

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

deerbasshunter3

I ordered a decoy off of eBay on the 22nd and received an email yesterday (24th) that it had shipped. This decoy is coming from NC and I live in Columbia, SC. It says arrival date is March 4, next Wednesday. I could drive there and back to pick it up in a day or two.

Gooserbat

I sent some calls to a fella 4 weeks back.  He contracted me last week and said they never showed, I sent him replacements, and both packages showed up Monday.  Go figure.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

deerbasshunter3

Quote from: Gooserbat on February 25, 2015, 12:01:40 AM
I sent some calls to a fella 4 weeks back.  He contracted me last week and said they never showed, I sent him replacements, and both packages showed up Monday.  Go figure.

Ha! That sounds like the USPS's way of saying gotcha!

merocustomcalls

In reading all of these posts I'm starting to find this very disturbing.  I've sent out about 800 calls since I became a call-maker and 99% of them have gone by USPS.  Maybe once or twice ever there has been a problem.  And that was due to either probably a dropped package or something else equally conceivable. 

Now in the last month I have sent a package to Iowa (across the state border from me) and it slowly made it's way through the St. Paul depot and then down to Lubbock TX?  After a week or so the package found it's way back to Iowa.  Fast forward three weeks and I send another package to the same customer in Iowa.  It goes through the postal hub in St. Paul again and then to Des Moines, IA....great right?  Nope, it then when down to TX again.  Dallas this time.  After a week or so it finally found it's way to the owner. 

These stories, some of them raise an eyebrow or even crack a chuckle, but in my own personal experience I have really never had a problem until recently.  I've sent the package and basically forgot about it. 

As a guy with a grandfather retired from USPS and a cousin recently retired from USPS I'm wondering what the heck is going on here!

I am starting to believe the comment from Newman on Seinfeld when he told a women, "Zipcodes.....there meaningless  ha ha ha"

gaswamp

I'm telling you guys that except for the beginning processing and ending processing, your packages are flying in between Fed Ex hubs.  I would say a lot of diversion related activity is probably weather related.

M Sharpe

Never really had but 1 problem. I mailed some calls to MO once, from McBee, SC and I thought they would never get there!! Problem was, I had several calls in the same box and I hadn't purchased additional insurance. I was sweating for a little bit. Took over a week for them to get there!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

hunter22

Best the postal service can find out, my package got on a plane and left the country without telling anyone where it was going.

ShortSpurs

Ordered a couple of t-shirts from a co. about 60 miles east of the house, 2nd day usps. Tracking showed it traveled about 100 miles farther east, then stayed there for 3 days(?) then went west to a place 100 miles south of the house, then 2 days later it was delivered.

So much for "2nd day" delivery, but the pkg. was delivered . Might just drive over there next time.

mspaci

I had them lose some rifle brass I sent a guy last spring, they never found the package & then didnt want to pay for it even though it was insured.  No more for me.  Mike

taylorjones20

I have a computer repair business and I am always ordering parts.  I would 75% of the time I never get the part when USPS shows the expected delivery date.  For instance, I ordered an iPhone screen (I replace tons of these) and here is the tracking info....  What were they doing for 5 days?????  It's always like this for me.  It seems it will sit in one post office for a few days and then all of the sudden it will get back on track...  Incompetent!

Delivered, In/At Mailbox
BEECH BLUFF, TN 38313
Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 9:16 am on February 25, 2015 in BEECH BLUFF, TN 38313.
February 25, 2015 , 8:40 am
Out for Delivery
BEECH BLUFF, TN 38313
February 25, 2015 , 8:30 am
Sorting Complete
BEECH BLUFF, TN 38313
February 25, 2015 , 7:39 am
Arrived at Post Office
BEECH BLUFF, TN 38313
February 24, 2015 , 5:23 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
MEMPHIS, TN 38136
February 19, 2015 , 7:24 pm
Departed Post Office
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33351
February 19, 2015 , 2:13 pm
Picked up by Request
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33351
February 19, 2015 , 2:02 pm
Shipping Label Created
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33323
February 19, 2015
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS
Alive only by the Grace Of God

hunter22

Out of the blue my package showed up yesterday. This was after USPS had declared the package as "Lost." The package was in perfect shape.

turkey buster

Had a phone break which was under warranty. ATT sent out a new one in 4 days and it was received. My instructions were to mail the other one back or I would be charged a fee for it. I sent it back and 15 days later the USPS delivered it just a few days ahead of me being charged $500. I live in Louisiana and the package was going to a destination in Texas 9hrs and 45 min away or 946 miles. I could've walked it there quicker. Oh it was sent to Texas from Louisiana via Washington DC

deerbasshunter3

My Pretty Boy Jr. showed up yesterday, unmarred. I cannot complain about that seeing as how it arrived almost a week earlier than originally posted.