turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Jersey turkey draw

Started by hotrod3h, February 23, 2015, 07:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod3h

New Jerseys's draw for their turkey tags ended Sunday. Anyone know how long it normally takes to find out the results ? First time applying for me so I'm anxious to see how I did. Thanks.

Bowguy

You'll be notified in a few weeks. What zone did you try for?

hotrod3h

Thanks. I was hoping it didn't take long time to notify you. I put in for Unit 21.

Bowguy

Oh I'm from north jersey n not famaliar w southern zone sell out rates. Over the counter pick up is in a month only so you'll find out very soon. I am a hunter Ed instructor n the biologists tell me there's a bird in every tree down there so best of luck bud

dejake

you can go online to check your status.  Currently I'm 'pending draw period", whatever that means.  It will be complete this weekend, notification emails go out 03/02.

Bowguy

Pending means the lottery isn't "drawn" yet. You're application is in and correct but you have not yet been rewarded the permit yet. I understand in the southern part of state the permits sometimes do sell out. I hope you guys get em

Ross R

I have generally been able to pull tags for zone 20 as a non-resident. I was also getting the leftover tags pretty easily when they became available.  Its been about 4 years since I have applied though.

hotrod3h

Looks like I'll know by March 2nd. That's soon enough. I hear there's good turkey hunting there but I doubt there's a turkey behind every tree but that would be nice though!

hotrod3h

Got the e-mail a little while ago. I got one out the two I applied for which is what I expected.

Bowguy

Good for you bud. Good luck this season. It's easier to draw where I live. I got the two I requested

dejake

I was drawn for my 1st choice: Season A.  However, it lists the start date as 04/21.  I thought it started 04/20??????

hotrod3h

Quote from: dejake on February 26, 2015, 07:42:45 PM
I was drawn for my 1st choice: Season A.  However, it lists the start date as 04/21.  I thought it started 04/20??????

Don't know where you saw a start date of 4/21. To my knowledge the start is 4/20 and that's what I've planned for.

dejake

called F&W, it's an error on the permit web site.  04/20 is confirmed.

TrackeySauresRex

There's no turkeys in NJ, transfer all your permits to me now  :funnyturkey: Good luck this spring great population of birds here.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."