OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pruners

Started by ccaldwell, February 23, 2015, 05:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccaldwell

What kind of ratcheting pruners do ya'll like? I had a pair of Gorilla Gears that i snapped in two last year.

g8rvet

I tend to lose them so I went cheapo a couple of years ago.  Can't  lose this flippin pair.   :angry9:
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

catdaddy

Whatever kind I can scrap out of my wife;s gardening stuff.

Swampchickin234

I got the set from bass pro. There redhead brand ones that are orange and black.  I've had them 2 years and they have done some cuttin.  They were cheap too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccaldwell

thanks! ill give them a look

Turkeyman62

A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

Bigspurs68

Well.. I went to look for mine because they were good pruners but apparently my little boy "relocated" them for me. Guess I'm in the market too!
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

Kevin6Q

I am a landscaper to earn a living and use the Felco brand of pruning tools.  Hand loppers (No. 2), folding saws and the long handle pruners. They are fantastic but expensive. I have yet to lose a pair on a hunt (maybe because my livelihood depends upon having them) . They remain sharp and the hand pruners will cut up to 1" hardwood and down to wispy grasses. I hunt with a bow and spend a bit of time clearing enough space for the bow to track a target so having good and efficient pruning devices is imperative for a successful hunt.

alloutdoors

My wife's garden set came with a pair of bypass pruners and a pair of anvil pruners. I stole the anvil ones since they do a better job on larger branches and they aren't a good choice for gardening anyway because of how they crush the stem (not a concern when cutting brush).

gotcha

Corona bypass pruner.

mgm1955

Quote from: Kevin6Q on February 23, 2015, 07:08:11 PM
I am a landscaper to earn a living and use the Felco brand of pruning tools.  Hand loppers (No. 2), folding saws and the long handle pruners. They are fantastic but expensive. I have yet to lose a pair on a hunt (maybe because my livelihood depends upon having them) . They remain sharp and the hand pruners will cut up to 1" hardwood and down to wispy grasses. I hunt with a bow and spend a bit of time clearing enough space for the bow to track a target so having good and efficient pruning devices is imperative for a successful hunt.
Thanks. Great info!

SKFOOTER

Gerber saw and ratchet pruner combo.   :OGturkeyhead:

PALongspur

I've had a pair of ratchet pruners from Florian for about 15 years now. They work quick and easy, even on limbs that look way too big! They make different colors but I bought yellow so they'd be easy to find if I drop them.

They are still in business and they've got a website where you can purchase them.

Cut N Run

Quote from: PALongspur on February 24, 2015, 06:13:04 AM
I've had a pair of ratchet pruners from Florian for about 15 years now. They work quick and easy, even on limbs that look way too big! They make different colors but I bought yellow so they'd be easy to find if I drop them.

They are still in business and they've got a website where you can purchase them.

I have Florian pruners too, except mine are bright orange.  They're sharp, lightweight, and small enough where they don't take up much space in my vest.  I also have a Florian 8" folding saw that works great, though I keep it in a fanny pack in my truck & don't carry it all the time. Florian makes some great products!

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

blackmagic

I broke my Gorrila Gear ones in a week too.