OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington V3

Started by zeke632, February 23, 2015, 03:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeke632

Has anyone seen the new V3 yet?  The reviews are good, but I've yet to see one. I'm wondering if they are available yet.  The reviews speculate that it will be a good one with various options.
Remington's web site doesn't mention barrel length options nor much else.  I'd like to see one.

Ihuntoldschool

Not out yet. The release date keeps getting pushed back. I heard late January at one time, now I am hearing late Spring to early summer. I would bet money it will be out before the fall seasons open. 26 and 28 inch barrels to start with, wood or synthetic or camo. 3 inch chambers with Versaport gas system like the Versamax with an added port, 8 instead of 7 on VersaMax. All 8 open for 2 3/4 shells, only 4 for 3 inch shells. Has a compensating system to help with 2 3/4 inch baby magnums and other heavy 2 3/4 loads whereas the VersaMax does not. FWIW my V-Max has never had a problem with the heavy 2 3/4 inch loads but it stands for reason that there would be a big difference in gas pressure between a 2 3/4 baby mag vs. a 7/8 ounce target load. Has a magazine cut-off which you can turn on or off as you wish. Remchokes instead of ProBore. About 800 MSRP for the synthetic or 900 MSRP for wood or camo.

Possible plans for a tactical model and a turkey model later this year.
20 gauge expected in 2017.

outdoors

I JUST GOT THE
Remington VERSA MAX SPST 12 22 RS TKMO
WHEN THEY RELEASE THE 20 GA. IM GOING FOR IT
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

zeke632

Thanks guys.
I was in hopes it was coming out earlier, say before spring. Also wondered if a shorter barrel turkey model was in the works.  I'll just wait & look at it when it does show up.