OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What Kind of Hunter are you????

Started by redleg06, March 22, 2011, 08:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you a "let it happen" turkey hunter or a "make it happen" kind of guy and why?

I like to let it happen...I'd rather play it safe than risk bumping a bird
21 (19.6%)
I'm going to mix it up and make it happen....you cant make an omelette without breaking some eggs..
86 (80.4%)

Total Members Voted: 100

redleg06

Quote from: catdaddy on March 23, 2011, 10:57:38 AM
I didn't select one of the two options that were provided because it is not that black and white--not for me anyway. I am what ever kind of hunter I feel I need to be based on the circumstances to be successfull. This is the art of turkey hunting--there are no absolutes.  

Its just a poll there killer... :icon_thumright:  

...with the understanding that situations dictate how to proceed.  

I didnt post the "whatever it takes to kill the turkey" option because I assume most people would choose that option.  I'm interested in how you are INCLINED to be....a little more conservative or a agressive.

catdaddy

Quote from: redleg06 on March 23, 2011, 07:19:42 PM
Quote from: catdaddy on March 23, 2011, 10:57:38 AM
I didn't select one of the two options that were provided because it is not that black and white--not for me anyway. I am what ever kind of hunter I feel I need to be based on the circumstances to be successfull. This is the art of turkey hunting--there are no absolutes.  

Its just a poll there killer... :icon_thumright:  

...with the understanding that situations dictate how to proceed.  

I didnt post the "whatever it takes to kill the turkey" option because I assume most people would choose that option.  I'm interested in how you are INCLINED to be....a little more conservative or a agressive.

My bad for giving an answer and not picking Option A or B.

gob09

if i dont know where they are roosted  i like to go make it happen now my hunting pard is diff. he will sit in a blind for hours,and hours if need be

im also going to try dan's approach this year

Odessa

Mornings I sit near the roost trees and hunt by calling from a secluded spot.  Afternoons I like to spot and stalk - pretty thrilling for me to try to close range on a wild turkey.
"I admire a good turkey hunter chiefly because such a man displays qualities that we usually associate with pioneer America-patience, enthusiasm, woodcraft, game sense, and a quiet hardihood undaunted by rain, by cold, by long tough miles, by disappointment."
Archibald Rutledge

Struttin Spurs

Reloader

I'll wait a bit longer if I hear a bird, but I just can't sit there very long if I ain't hearing anything.  Nothing wrong with still hunting a turkey, but I do that all deer season and by March it's time to cover ground and make it happen. I pass by a good many birds I'm certain, but I just feel he'll let me know if he wants to play the game.