OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

knocked him down to watch him fly away

Started by thndrchkn, March 22, 2011, 08:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Sorry to read. It happens to us all if we hunt long enough, though that doesn't make it any better, or make the feelings any less.

God Bless,
David B.

GAbird

:'( feel your pain brother.  Same thing happened to me two years ago. Except it was a pair of 2 yr olds gobbling their heads off and I didn't have to work 'em that hard.  I wouldn't be able to sleep after all that hard work to watch him get away either.  It will turn around and you will get sweet revenge.

lmbhngr

That happened to me last year. Shooting downhill, 25 yds, fistful of feathers. I was mad. Went back the next day heard him gobblin again. Took that tri-viz sight off. Were you shooting a 20 ga. by chance??

thndrchkn

12GA benelli M2  jellyhead 660 -  hevi shot #6

he may gobble again who knows, but gaurenteed hes got one hell of a headache

StruttinGobbler3

Has to be a sick feeling, wounding the animal you hunt is never enjoyable. However, don't dwell on it. You'll nail him next time and some days $hit just happens. This is the reason I immediately chamber another shell after the shot and keep the sights on them for a few seconds after they hit the ground, and while walking to the bird keep my gun in a ready position just in case. Haven't had it happen to me yet in eleven years of turkey hunting, but I've heard enough stories like these to make me careful about it.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

4nwtf

That happened to a buddy of mine this morning.  He is feeling the same as you. :'(