OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Box Call help

Started by chad fenton, February 22, 2015, 06:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chad fenton

Lookin a good custom box call.  Something thaI can hunt and be proud to own.  Something you can passdown and hunt as much as collect.What/ whos do i need to look for.

willy8457

There are a bunch of very talented call maker's , Just to name a few Jeff Mckamey , Marlin Watkins, al Shoemaker from  SS,  The list goes on and on . The best thing to do is call some of these guys and talk to them about what sound you are looking for,  I'm sure somebody can hook you up.

drum817

SS custom calls!!!  Give Al Shoemaker a call.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

hunter22

Several fine short box call makers out there. I really like SS, Ed Terefencko, Albert Paul, Darrin Dawkins, Steve Mann, Irving Whitt, and Lamar Williams.

TauntoHawk

How long are you willing to wait, that might really narrow the field down if your looking for something finished by this season.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jordanz7935

IMO, a good turpin style hen box is hard to beat.

chad fenton

Dont need it this season.  Would be nice I guess.  Just something I can put on order and in meantime keep eye on the classifieds.

mudhen

Albert Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

GED6531

David halloran makes great box calls. I have one and won't go to the woods without it. Check out his website. Great guy too.

http://www.davidhalloranturkeycalls.com

wisconsinteacher

Spring Creek Turkey Calls, Mike will hook you up with a killer.

http://springcreekturkeycalls.weebly.com/

M Sharpe

Russell Beard makes a fine long box! He'll even send you a sound file of several for you to choose from.

Richard Hudson makes a fine hen box!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

MikeStaten

I'd add Frank Kruer to that list.

American Strutter

Taunto hit the nail on the head. Some of the more reputable call makers have a long lead time. All those listed make outstanding box calls. Including Pat Strawser, Joe Slaton, and Ron Herron. Here is a small sample of some of mine.

Spitten and drummen

albert paul or billy whites hustling hen
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE