OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Old Guns

Started by jodyp427, February 22, 2015, 05:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jodyp427

Who still uses the old guns. I'm talking about the Browning A5,Remington 11,11-48 and 1100? Please post pics if you have them. I see lots of new guns but very few older ones.

ericjames

Bottom one is2.75" A5 29.5" full choke barrel. made in 56'. The middle one is a  3" browning bps 32" full choke that was made in 79'. I just painted it.

SumToy

We have cut off and threaded a lot of old A5 for the old school hunters. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

surehuntsalot

don't have a pic of her, but I have a 3" magnum Remington 1100 with a 30" full choke barrel that still goes to the woods a few times every season
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

jakesdad

Got an old Remington 11-48 fixed full choke that belonged to my grandpa.Love the way that thing handles and shoots.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Izzyjoe

I wish I knew how to post pic's, I'd show some. I have an Remington 11 that was made around 1907 from what I have found going off the sn#, my granddad and my wife bought it for me for Christmas 20 years ago, I want to take it, and I would like to take my uncles old 1100 30" full out as well, the 1100 has killed its share of turkey's, but none by me!  Every time I shoot the model 11 it brings back good memories! And killing a gobbler with it would add to it!

WildTigerTrout

I have an old 1959 vintage Winchester Model 12 in 12 ga. It has a 28" barrel and fixed modified choke. I may experiment with it and try it in the turkey woods in the future. I don't care for the FCW Federal shotshells but I think they may work in this gun.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

rempumpman

Model 37 Winchester 20 ga, fixed full choke; Model 12, 16 ga 2 3/4 in chamber, fixed full choke, Browning  A 5 12 ga fixed full choke, 3 inch chamber, a 1968 870 Remington 12 ga 30 in plain barrel. 2 3/4 in chamber; a H&R single 12, 3 in chamber, 32 inch barrel that kicks like a full grown Missouri Mule!

This list is my "Oldies but Goodies" and I have MANY newer guns that I love as well; any shotgun in my arsenal will get the job done.
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

Longshanks

I have some tricked out old guns that I hunt with that are all early 70's. Can't figure out how to load a pic on here.

BHMTitan

I do.  Mid 50's 2.75" 12g A5.

Longshanks

Guns I hunt with the majority of the time.

Rem 870's (wing masters) Duracoated/ Kicks .655/ .660
*Bushnell Trophy Red dot/Aimpoint Red dot
*polished bbl's
*tru-choke threads

Browning Citori/ Parkerized/ Wrinkle painted stocks/ Airbrushed Camo
*polished bbl's
*stock fixed chokes
*double ivory beads

Rem 1100/ Kicks .660/ Hastings .665 /Parkerized/ Wrinkle painted stocks/ Airbrushed Camo
*tru-choke threads
*polished bbl
*double ivory beads

bbcoach

I killed my first turkey with a 1100 2 3/4 inch 1 1/2 oz #4 lead.  Bought that gun for $185.  I'll never forget reconing that bird and knowing I needed to get within 30 yards for the kill shot.  Great gun that gave me my start in turkey hunting. 

Longshanks

Yup, I shoot 2 3/4 6's out of that gun and it shoots a great pattern to 35 yds with Kicks chokes.

born2hunt

I have a mid 1950s Ithaca mod 37 full choke that I want to hunt this year. I recently inherited it from my Grand dad and it was my great Grand dads duck gun.

And my Dad hunts with his Rem 870 wing master with a modified choke. Its not ideal and he holds shots to 25 or under but it was his daddy's gun (my other Grand dad) and he refuses to hunt with anything else.
Old guns are cool, especially those that your family has used for years.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Snoodsniper

Quote from: BHMTitan on February 27, 2015, 11:56:01 AM
I do.  Mid 50's 2.75" 12g A5.
I have the same gun and kill all kinds of stuff with it.