turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossburg 835

Started by Coreywelch835, February 22, 2015, 12:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coreywelch835

Yessir.. The choke still looks brand new.

Coreywelch835

Yessir... Still looks brand new.

snapper1982

How many patterns did you shoot last year? What was the temps?

Coreywelch835

Only shot once at beginning of the season and it was prolly in the 50-60s. It was dead on, this gun killed 34 birds last spring ending in Tennessee on May 5th and it sat in the safe since then.

jblackburn

Was the choke screwed in tight?  I had a choke (can't remember which one) that would come loose in my 835 . .  it is gone now and no problems with other chokes.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

reflexl

I shoot a 835 with the .676" Stardot. I can't imagine going any tighter on the overbore barrel. The whole ideal is to have a consistent pattern that kills well from 5 yards out. At 10 yards with the Stardot and W-W 2oz 3.5 #5 it has a corona about 7" that nothing could survive. At 40 the 10" pattern totaly canvases the target which is exactly what it was designed to do. reflexl

jg

your making me nervous,i shoot 835 as well and my pattern has very high numbers  ssx choke  LB #6s  3.5 "   makes me want to check it again, are you shooting out of the same box/lot# ?
Ozark beard busters

M Sharpe

Mic it and see if it is still .655. That choke is awful tight. You may have messed your choke up. I'd be calling Jeb's. Is that the choke they recommended?
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

davisd9

Quote from: jg on February 23, 2015, 04:58:57 PM
your making me nervous,i shoot 835 as well and my pattern has very high numbers  ssx choke  LB #6s  3.5 "   makes me want to check it again, are you shooting out of the same box/lot# ?

Your choke is .670 so you are tight for an 835 but not worrisome tight. .670 is as tight as I would use in an Accumag.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

AdamSean

Last year I used an 835 with a Primos Tight Wad and Winchester Long Beard XR #5 shot 3.5". This is what it does.

jg

dang  how far away were you?
Ozark beard busters

davisd9

Wow, Jeb offers a .650 for the 835 as well.  That is just crazy to me!  They offer a .650 - .660.  Just seems too tight for the Accumags.  They probably know something I do not.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

stinkpickle

Eeeee...a .655 is a HUGE squeeze for an 835.  Try running a Longbeard out of the factory tube and see what happens.

AdamSean

Quote from: jg on February 23, 2015, 10:36:04 PM
dang  how far away were you?

I was about 20 yards. Blew his beak right off.

wcerin

Mossburg 835 w a Star Dot .676, 3"Longbeard XR #6, Can't beat that combo. I love mine.
"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, & some don't turn up at all."