OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossburg 835

Started by Coreywelch835, February 22, 2015, 12:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M Sharpe

I'd be surprised if the choke would even screw out now!!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

LARRYHAYNES

835 with a Indian creek .675 and hevi 7s. Hard to beat that pattern!!!!!
LARRY

jg

i like the ssx but i definatly want to see what the indian creek will do for LB #6s 3.5"
Ozark beard busters

ThunderChickenGetter

I can tell you what the Indian Creek does out of my 835 with the LB #6's. I got 268 on one shot and 270 the next. That's a 10" circle at 40yds.

StrutStopper_71

I shoot an 835 with a .676 Star Dot and longbeard 6's and it is an awesome combination. The Jebs just sounds a little to tight.

strut-n-rut

shot my 835 with .690 jellyhead choke with longbeard 5 shot 3 " at 50 yds the pattern was terrible not sure what is wrong

ThunderChickenGetter

Quote from: strut-n-rut on March 20, 2015, 10:51:50 PM
shot my 835 with .690 jellyhead choke with longbeard 5 shot 3 " at 50 yds the pattern was terrible not sure what is wrong
Usually won't get a great pattern at 50 yards. Patterns can go down hill real fast past 40yds. One of the reasons we're not supposed to talk about shooting birds past 40 yards on here.

ThunderChickenGetter

But I would recommend trying a tighter Choke with the long beards in your 835. They seem to pattern great with a tighter Choke. I personally shoot an 835 with a .675 Indian Creek with #4 longbeards

matchbook454

I shoot a 835 with a Jellyhead and H-13 3.5" 2.25 oz. #6 and get around 220 avg. @ 40.  Tried a SSx and Stardot and got slightly less in the 10" (like 215 avg.) but not as even.  My first shot with an SSX was 266 though but could not get that to repeat with shells out of the same box.  My guess is it had something to do with the choke.  I will say that it was not deburred well and the machining quality looked poor.  My guess, burrs could have caught wad and acted like a wad catcher which may have helped pattern, poor heat treating and choke deformed somewhat after first shot??  Who knows.  May have been ammo but all shots after first in several other chokes all seemed fairly consistent.