OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite wet weather pot?

Started by Wildfowler, February 21, 2015, 10:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfowler

In the market for a good sounding pot/striker that I could take on rainy days and not have to worry but also hunt in any weather. Something plastic or acrylic. Any suggestions? Thanks

perrytrails

Enticer calls, Al Holbert makes some awesome aluminum pots and carbon tip strikers. Corian and other water proof materials for the pots   

Worth a look, they sound really good. I have the silver fox and it's one of my personal favorites, although it's a wood pot.

I bought my son the corian pot aluminum over glass. Great sound.

REBELYELL

hunter22

I have used a Lonzo black acrylic bronzed glass in the past with good success. This year I plan to carry a David Loftis corian crystal pot on wet days.

born2hunt

Quote from: perrytrails on February 21, 2015, 10:29:16 PM
Enticer calls, Al Holbert makes some awesome aluminum pots and carbon tip strikers. Corian and other water proof materials for the pots   

Worth a look, they sound really good. I have the silver fox and it's one of my personal favorites, although it's a wood pot.

I bought my son the corian pot aluminum over glass. Great sound.
Yep, just got a Rolling Thunder double glass with a corian pot and that thing will run straight under the faucet with a carbon or aluminum.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

bcknuts

Bill Baublit copper pot call and acrylic tip striker. Work great in wet weather.   Kevin
Kevin

TauntoHawk

You want a corian pot with blasted glass, ceramic, or anodized aluminum. Enticer game games make some nice ones, I think my father carries one in his vest.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gooserbat

My powder blasted aluminum with dymondwood does well in wet weather.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Wildfowler

Thanks for the advice guys! Sounds like I have some good ones to choose from. 

westerfeld custom calls

Ceramic with a waterproof striker........can be put under water running from kitchen sink pulled directly out and played....have demonstrated multiple times for people

Ctburdchasr

On the wet days I bring my enticer calls "sidekick" submerge it in water and let it drain, it will call. And I've killed some good birds with it, also al holbert is a top notch guy

VAarrowslinger

how about the Perfection Scremin' demon II in a corian pot. good call for wet conditions

eddie234

I would never take any of my good calls out in the rain, a few years ago I got a turkey thugs fanny pack at Walmart. I also bought a water resistant pot and box call from woodwise.

model94

Wet One Classic by Enticer. Al Holbert is a very nice guy!!

Spitten and drummen

I decided on a David loftis crystal screamer. Heard good things about them so ordered one. We shall see.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE