OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dave Smith decoy question.

Started by deerbasshunter3, February 20, 2015, 10:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

Do the Dave Smith decoys move with a breeze like the foam decoys?

crappieangler

I do not get good motion with mind unless theres a stiff wind, which I usually try to get out of the wind if possible. Maybe if you set it on the stake right it'd be better, but both rubber pieces are covered when I set up?  I don't know I haven't really needed movement. Ever single bird that has seen my Jake has come right in except one late season bird last May who apparently got his arse kicked.  he was hot and coming on a string, Blew up a couple times when he seen the decoys and then just ran off like he shat himself after 30 sec.

Old Gobbler

Not a employee , but a long time user

DSD decoys have a stopper on the stake that can be adjusted up the stake to touch the decoy to prohibit  or limit the decoys unwanted motion , or you can slide it down so that if you want some slight wind activated motion , you can have that also on a light breezy day

Their system was developed prior via their experience manufacturing ultra high quality goose decoys , and you can imagine the windy days doing that activity

Thankfully ...They do not " disco " dance and spin unnaturally like the featherlight type decoys - they have more mass to them than those types of decoys and look very natural

If you loose your stake , you can use a rod from Home Depot or a arrow and put rubber bands around it to make a good replacement

-- I personally have never had a jake or gobbler get spooked off by a DSD , but I'm sure a subordinate gobbler could be scarred off by one , in Florida jakes seem to eagerly approach my strutter and even want to fight it , creating endless entertainment for my guiding services at DC Cattle - the ruckus and fighting seem to agitate nearby gobblers and bring them in for a closer inspection ........BOOM
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Kylongspur88

^^^ as said above, adjust the stopper and balance the decoy and you will get motion.