OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

who makes a good lanyard?

Started by Rockhound, February 20, 2015, 02:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhound

To wear a wing bone or Trumpet or similar around your neck

alloutdoors

Hit up Del Crow, he goes by savduck on this forum.

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: alloutdoors on February 20, 2015, 02:45:01 PM
Hit up Del Crow, he goes by savduck on this forum.

Del or Curtis Terrell.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

WV Ridge Reaper

Will

I'm sure there are others but Del makes some good ones. I have a few!

Rockhound

Snoodsniper

Lanyards are fine but personally I can't stand my call banging around while trying to be quiet in the woods. I have enough disadvantages 6'3" and clumsy, pigeon toed etc. I don't need crap dangling around my neck so the lanyard goes in the closet with the other garbage I don't need and the trumpet goes in my pocket where it belongs.

M Sharpe

Del Crow ....
I generally tuck mine between the buttons on my shirt.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

idratherb

I agree with msharpe and do the same thing

strutnrut

Matt Mclain make a great leather one. Very good. Del make a might fine one also.

M Sharpe

Quote from: strutnrut on February 20, 2015, 10:58:23 PM
Matt Mclain make a great leather one. Very good. Del make a might fine one also.

forgot about him
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Gut Pile

I went on line and learned how to make my own, I did not do a very good job at first but now I have what want on my knife so in case I dropp it I can quickly find it with a parachute cord day glow orange one.  I guess you would just do the same with some nice leather / it would defiantly help get through the I between of deer and turkey !
about the best religion can possibly do, is maybe make you a nice person, where as a relationship with Jesus Christ can make you a new creation

M22

GSLAM95

Another vote here for Matt McLain's lanyards as he and his daughter Skye make a very nice leather lanyard. 
I also have a Len Yule kangaroo leather lanyard that is by far my favorite as he uses fine strands and his weave is the tightest you will ever see along with some unbelievable knot tying.  Very light weight and flexible with superb craftsmanship.

Here is the Len Yule

This lanyard and call was a gift from good friend Matt McLain and his daughter Skye, notice the bronzed Steve Lumma skull incorporated into the lanyard.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.