OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Trying my hand at painting feathers...pappy

Started by pappy, February 20, 2015, 11:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

Hey Pappy,

That looks great!

What a pleasure to meet you at the Convention.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

hobbes

Finally got to look at it on a full size monitor.  It looks really good.  Are you using acrylics?

I've wanted to learn to paint with acrylics but never set aside the time.  Seems a feather would add to the difficulty.

owlhoot

sbbow

firedup

crappieangler

Looks awesome, I'd pay money for that. GOod work

pappy

Quote from: hobbes on February 20, 2015, 07:27:04 PM
Finally got to look at it on a full size monitor.  It looks really good.  Are you using acrylics?

I've wanted to learn to paint with acrylics but never set aside the time.  Seems a feather would add to the difficulty.
yep water base acrylics I was told they do better on feathers because of the oil content in the feathers. Again thanks for the comments everyone
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

mgm1955

The Cohutta Strutter

Pappy, your good at everything you do. You always post up top shelf items.... :icon_thumright: Strutter.
Anybody seen America lately?

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

Rokhal07

goblr77

KellyP

Looks great! I always spray about three light coats of Modge Podge matte sealer on the feathers before i paint them then one coat after painting. Holds it together really good.

pappy

Quote from: KellyP on February 21, 2015, 12:23:21 PM
Looks great! I always spray about three light coats of Modge Podge matte sealer on the feathers before i paint them then one coat after painting. Holds it together really good.
thanks for this tip, my wife has some in her crafting room...hope she won't catch me LOL
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

VA_Birdhunter

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens