Main Menu

What's your goals

Started by Bama turkey hunter, February 19, 2015, 10:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARRYHAYNES

To kill more turkeys than bama turkey hunter
LARRY

30_06

To enjoy time in the woods with, and to get my daughter a shot opportunity. I imagine her goal is to make the most of her shot opportunity :)

Bama turkey hunter

We'll we will just have to see about that Larry Haynes.  :funnyturkey:
Tony

Izzyjoe

owlhoot

Quote from: Izzyjoe on February 22, 2015, 09:11:58 AM
To kill my first!
you will get ur dun this spring :icon_thumright:
Youve been hanging out here with the guys! :welcomeOG: :fud: :fud:

ElkTurkMan

1) Kill my first Alabama Long Beard
2) Kill a turkey with my ten gauge

RutnNStrutn

I've got a few goals for this season.
- Gonna try to kill a bird with my Dad's A5. Carried on several hunts last season but didn't score.
- Gonna try to add a couple of new states to my list of places I've killed gobblers. My goal is in all of the lower 48 states before I die.
- Gonna take an old friend turkey hunting for the first time. He's been hunting for many years, but has never turkey hunted.
- Gonna call and guide for a mobility impaired hunter.
Hopefully along the way I'll bag some good birds! :fud: :OGani:

GSLAM95

Just to enjoy each day I get to spend in the woods..

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

bamagtrdude

Quote from: Skeeterbait on February 19, 2015, 10:19:34 PM
Stopped setting goals years ago.  I go and enjoy the outing and if it happens it happens.  Learned I would enjoy myself more if I don't put pressure on myself.  I just listen to the woods and react and see what happens.  I don't practice calling any more either.  I realized I wasn't getting any better for it and occasionally I fooled a turkey with what I could do.

+1 on this right here.  Just enjoy "the experience"; I have hunts lined up on about 10 pieces of property, and have good birds on each one of them.  I'd love to tag out this year, but ...  Honestly, if I get one bird in a season, I consider it awesome & am thankful for the kill...  I've also phased into more of a "mentoring hunter" where I really get a kick out of introducing newbies to the sport, and watching THEM get jacked up; I get as much of a thrill out of that as I do taking a bird myself...

BGD
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

callmakerman

To wake up and enjoy every day I get to go into the spring turkey woods.

870FaceLift

Going after a public land NE Merriam this year, so harvesting a nice tom there is the goal.  Having said that, I'm going with three good buddies so the camping and conversations will be worth the trip alone.
Pass it on...

alclark2

My goal is to go west. I would like to get after a Rio or Merriam.. Location undecided.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

Marc

I am an eye doctor by trade...  I am wired to try and figure out problems and how things work...

Turkey hunting provides the perfect situation for a continuous learning opportunity...  No doubt but that there are people on this forum that know a lot more than I do, but I would still hazard that nobody has figured it all out.  I hope I will still learn something on the last turkey hunt of my life (hopefully many years from now).

I have already learned a bit on this forum, and last year some of that information was probably helpful in me putting one of my toms to bed...  Heck, until yesterday, I had no idea what a "bubble-cluck" was...

I enjoy the learning process and trying to figure out what is happening and why.  My goal is to learn a bit more this season...  And, of course, to get a bit of revenge on the ones that got away last year.

Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Kevin6Q

During the Fall 2014 season, my then 10 year old son took an interest in hunting. He is now 11 and the goal is to get him a bird but more importantly, teach him how to hunt and appreciate the game and time in the woods. He is super excited for the spring season which makes me 10 times more eager. I'd like to get one too.

Gut Pile

Taking my son and daughter out / separately this year / taking my brother and his 10 year old out for their first time ever. Looking forward to this season for sure !
about the best religion can possibly do, is maybe make you a nice person, where as a relationship with Jesus Christ can make you a new creation