OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What's your goals

Started by Bama turkey hunter, February 19, 2015, 10:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Honcho

To hunt more states and and harvest at least 6 gobblers this season...that's my goal every year. I don't put any pressure on myself to accomplish.  Also want to get my youngest grandson Taite started turkey hunting this year and grandson Tanner his second tom. And to FINALLY harvest a tom with my Ithaca turkeyslayer....I've owned it three years but usually hunt with a 935 or 3500 so will focus on this gun early season.

tomstopper

Most important goal for this season is to put my nephew on a gobbler and hopefully watch him seal the deal and get his first.

grayfox

Just to be able to get out there & enjoy God's creation.  If I do happen to get on a gobbler & call him up & kill him then that's just icing on the cake.  Good luck to everyone this spring.

jblackburn

My main goals are not to get eaten by an alligator or bit by a cotton mouth during my first season in Louisiana . . .
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

TauntoHawk

Call my wife a bird

Call a youth hunter a bird

Call a wounded warrior a bird

after all that my season starts but it starts complete, anything me and buddy kill is icing on the cake as we've already worked a bunch of birds and seen some people with big smiles on their faces
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

g8rvet

Put a Tom in front of my 21 year old daughter that has said, for the first time in her life, that she wants to hunt with her Dad.  She is a fishing machine with me, outlasts her Mom and brother easily when fishing.  She has never had any desire to shoot anything, but this year wants to kill a turkey.  She is darn near a vegetarian (doesn't eat a lot of meat, just not a fan of it, like her mom), but she likes fried turkey strips.  I intend to keep it fun, teach her the spring woods and how to hunt.  Cultivate a passion and keep the pressure off.  Let her learn from day one that hunting is all about the pursuit.  The squeeze of the trigger is a tiny bit of the experience. 

And thank the Good Lord for every spring morning I get to enjoy in His creation! 

Psalm 118v24:
This is the day the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

ShortSpurs

My goals are to be healthy enough to enjoy another spring season.

Really looking forwards to it!

silvestris

Point out the sound of the Cardinal, the Hooded Warbler, the Carolina Wren and the Tufted Titmouse to my grandsons.  And if one of those male Wild Turkeys makes too much noise, well call him over so one of the grandsons can shut him up so that we can get back to the more important things like listening to the sound of the Cardinal, the Hooded Warbler, the Carolina Wren and the Tufted Titmouse.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Tail Feathers

To bag a mature Osceola on public land and get a couple of toms in front of my grandsons. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

BowBendr

1.)  Have fun, every time.
2.)  Come home safe, every time.

KansasGobbler

To kill a big tom over my new BadonkoDeke decoy :goofball:

jblackburn

Quote from: guesswho on February 20, 2015, 05:29:04 PM
To make them all call shy.

I don't even make that a goal anymore. Just happens naturally!  :funnyturkey:
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

zelmo1

:thanks: I want to learn something every year. i don't think anyone will ever learn it all, but I want to learn and enjoy all my hunts. Most people will agree that you learn more from not getting a bird that walking out and tagging out early. Late season and hard hunted birds would be great to get educated on. In New England, just finding birds this year will be a success. 90+ inches of snow at my house and ridiculous cold has taken a toll on our birds. Learning to better read birds and call better each season.  My young daughter wants to go this year, she can't hunt yet but she is willing to get up and come with me. All I can ask for is to keep her interested. She is psyched up to go and I do not want to dissappoint her. Good luck to all. Al Baker

The Cohutta Strutter

.... just to go one more time. Strutter.
Anybody seen America lately?