OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mississippi Gobblers

Started by hunter22, February 19, 2015, 08:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

David and I found out today we drew some hunts down in south central Mississippi in mid-March. I have hunted this area several times and always have a great time. Cannot wait to get in those swamps and hear those booming gobbles in those huge hardwoods. I have always said if you can kill a public land Mississippi bird on a regular basis you can kill a turkey anywhere in the country.

dirt road ninja

Best of luck to y'all. I'm hoping it warms up soon and stays that way. A warm dry opening weekend can only help the gobbling.

drenalinld

I happen to think we can kill em anywhere but that's just my opinion. Seriously, cannot wait to hear the first booming gobble in those big woods!

mgm1955

surehuntsalot

what part of the state you headed to???
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Preacher

yall give me a shout,   what are your dates?

Romans 8:37

hunter22

We will be in south central Mississippi. We drew WMA hunts on March 16th, 17th, 18th, and 19th. We did not draw for the 14th and 15th and plan to hunt National Forest land those days if we can figure out where to go.

dirt road ninja

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

hunter22

We drew Bienville and Tallahala the same two days. One was a first choice and one was a second choice. We also drew Caney Creek. But nothing on March 14th and 15th. We will try and find somewhere on the National Forest those two days. We know some areas around Tallahala off the WMA that look pretty good.

guesswho

Good luck.  Y'all should do real well.  I think Mississippi is where all our Bama turkeys went.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

RussM311

I was fortunate enough to draw Bienville this year, myself. Having pulled birds out of there the last 2 seasons, I feel pretty good about my prospects. Left several Jakes in there last season at the end, so hopefully a few of them will have made it through the year. Not going to be able to be around for the regular Bienville season due to hunt commitments in Louisiana and Oklahoma, but sure do love those Bienville toms.

Best of luck to you.... have a great hunt.

hunter22

What days are you going to hunt Bienville?