turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

1187 20 ga. Opinions

Started by Bighatlaw, February 19, 2015, 08:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bighatlaw

So while looking at the Ithaca 20 ga. Turkey Slayer and a Benelli today my dealer shows me a gun he took in trade this morning. It's a Remington 1187 20 ga., quite a few years old in I think what was green leaf cammo. Looked good enough. You can tell it's seen the woods a time or two, but I really liked it. Really short barrel. Don't know exactly but I would say 21" to 23". Any thoughts or opinions on an older 20 ga. 1187. He was priced high in my opinion, $659, but I can work in that.  Let me know and thanks as always.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Bighatlaw on February 19, 2015, 08:21:57 PM
So while looking at the Ithaca 20 ga. Turkey Slayer and a Benelli today my dealer shows me a gun he took in trade this morning. It's a Remington 1187 20 ga., quite a few years old in I think what was green leaf cammo. Looked good enough. You can tell it's seen the woods a time or two, but I really liked it. Really short barrel. Don't know exactly but I would say 21" to 23". Any thoughts or opinions on an older 20 ga. 1187. He was priced high in my opinion, $659, but I can work in that.  Let me know and thanks as always.

They are very good guns. Doris has one that she uses for turkeys and it works quite well. She has Pro-Series sights on it, uses 3" Hevi-13 shotshells, both #6 and #7 shot through the .550 SSX turkey choke. It's accounted for several birds for her.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

dirt road ninja

I have the youth one with the 21 inch tube. Nice gun, with a SSX and hevi 7's I'm turning 135 ish. $659 is crazy for one that is used in my opinion. I paid 425 or 450 for mine very lightly used with box, can't remember exactly.

dirt road ninja

I bought it before I had the chance to handle an Ithaca 20. That is a rock solid gun, feels higher quality over the Remmy.

surehuntsalot

the price is way to high for a used one
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

darron

I bought one new for $375 black Friday special. WAY too high.