turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Harold Fowler

Started by Huntnds, February 19, 2015, 12:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huntnds

I'm a new member to the forum and, if it wasn't for these dang classifieds making me wanna buy stuff, I might just as well have stayed a lurker here indefinitely! LOL......I will never be a heavy poster but wanted to relay an experience I had today with Mr. Harold Fowler.

I placed an online order with Harold on Friday for a one-piece persimmon striker and, in the comments section, I mentioned that I appreciated the look of spalted wood and, IF AVAILABLE, would prefer spalted wood in the striker I ordered. I further admitted that I wasn't even sure if persimmon wood spalted and didn't want him to go to any unnecessary trouble assuring him that whatever wood he had available would ultimately be perfectly fine. I stated that the only reason I had even thought to mention it was because I admired the look of the spalted dogwood striker he had pictured on his website. I should also point out that I have never met or spoken with Harold and this was the first order I have ever placed with him.

I received my order today and, upon opening the package, I was astonished to find that, in addition to the persimmon striker that I had ordered, Harold had also included a beautiful spalted dogwood striker absolutely free of charge!!! As a long time South Florida law-enforcement officer, I see the worst in people much more frequently than I see gestures of kindness and am usually suspicious of the motives behind kind acts when they do occur. Thank you Harold for reminding me that there are still people like you out there - people that are willing to demonstrate kindness and generosity to a complete stranger who you stand to gain nothing from and will most likely never even meet face-to-face! I see now that the many comments I have read here about his outstanding character are absolutely true and am honored to carry and use these strikers that were crafted by him. I dropped him a personal thank you note but wanted to tell everyone here about my experience and what a kind and generous person Harold Fowler truly is.......

Thanks
Scott       

Skyhawk

Mr. Fowler is a true gentleman and makes some super strikers. I have many strikers but every year his end up in my vest. 

Snoodsniper

ceejay

Thanks for sharing this with everyone.  This is the best way to repay his generosity. 

ol bob

Harold is as nice a person as you will ever meet,I'me lucky to be able to call him a friend.

West Augusta

I got to meet the "Original" Striker man a few years ago at Nashville and bought a few of his strikers. 
He is a fine gentleman for sure.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

chefrific

He is the real deal.  A true gentleman.  A man of God.  A true artist.  His kindness, sincerity, coupled with his ability to produce strikers that are second to none, make him a true treasure in the turkey hunter world.
I've collected several of his finest over the years.

1 = Stabilized 5 piece with African blackwood, deer antler, carbon stem and fossilized walrus tusk tip.
2= Desert ironwood, carbon stem, mammoth ivory tip
3= Hickory with a snakewood tip and a one piece purple heart

GSLAM95

Huntnds you will not find a kinder man in the turkey striker world than Harold as you have first hand witnessed.

I have purchased many strikers from him over the years and will share another story with you.  At the NWTF convention a few years back he had brought some strikers that I had ordered to deliver in person.  That night I put them in the top shelf of the hotel safe and they were tucked way in the back.  Somehow when I packed and got everything else out of the safe I somehow left the strikers behind. 
When I got home and realized what I did I immediately called the hotel.  They "supposedly" checked the safe and said there was nothing in it.  I was sick to say the least.  Harold told me not to worry about it as he would replace them free of charge.  I was overwhelmed with his offer as two of them were the three piece ivory tipped strikers.
The very next day he called me back and said I think I have found your strikers. 
A long story but a new guest in that same room found them and seen his name on the striker, googled him and called.  Harold gave me his # and after describing each striker to the gentleman he sent them to me and I met another now great friend. 
I was overwhelmed with the man who found them and went through the process of finding the owner and the generous offer of Harold Fowler.   There are still some great folks out there in this world! 

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

Tail Feathers

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Good on the seller AND the purchaser! :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

hunter22

Another huge Harold Fowler fan here. I have more strikers made by him than anyone else's in my collection, somewhere around 40. I never go on a hunt without some of his in my vest. True southern gentleman.

mgm1955

Thanks for sharing your great stories. I also have quite a few of his strikers and feel privileged to own them.

zelmo1

:turkey2: Just got mine in the mail yesterday and tried them out. They will be in my vest. I ordered 2 strikers, very similar to chefrific above, and got a third, a 1 piece purpleheart that sounds awesome on my copper pot, for free. Mr. Fowler is an artist as well as a gentleman. I will be ordering from him again. Al Baker

misfire

Harold is a great Christian man that it has been my honor to know and call friend for a number of years. I have many of his strikers, some in my vest and others that are on a shelf. You would be hard pressed to find a finer man.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

M Sharpe

Mr. Harold is a top-notch guy!! Own many of his strikers myself!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

gobblingghost

I have known Harold for about 20 years and talk to him about once a month. He is always a pleasure to talk to. I several of his strikers and he will tell you his strikers are for hunting. If he will not hunt with it neither will you.