News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Got My Lynch's Call from Winchester Today

Started by zelmo1, February 18, 2015, 05:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamagtrdude

Quote from: Turkeyman62 on March 02, 2015, 09:30:23 PM
Years ago when the calls were first made in Alabama. They came with a small envelope that contained chalk , rubber bands and a tuning peg. The small dowel was wedged between the sound boards to achive the desired tone pitch. You can do the same thing today by breaking a toothpick in half and wedge it in there. A lot has changed since the company moved from Alabama to Liberty Mississippi. I believe there in Georgia today.

Do you mean wedging a toothpick INSIDE the cavity on the inside of the box call itself?
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

Turkeyman62

A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

rem 300

M Sharpe

Quote from: Turkeyman62 on March 02, 2015, 09:30:23 PM
Years ago when the calls were first made in Alabama. They came with a small envelope that contained chalk , rubber bands and a tuning peg. The small dowel was wedged between the sound boards to achive the desired tone pitch. You can do the same thing today by breaking a toothpick in half and wedge it in there. A lot has changed since the company moved from Alabama to Liberty Mississippi. I believe there in Georgia today.

Allen Jenkins bought it and then later moved it to GA. He has his own company now. Don't know if it is in GA now or not. I noticed they were some of the big sponsors in Nashville this year.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

bamagtrdude

Quote from: Turkeyman62 on March 02, 2015, 10:51:10 PM
Yes

Ok, I'll try this out tonite...  I guess the wedge will raise the pitch of the box, ya?
---

TANK

I also noticed that Lynch has raised the prices on the Fool Proof & World Champions.....

rem 300

I hope they sound better than the ones they are giving away!!

Finch

So did everyone receive their call in about two weeks?  Just sent off to get mine a few days back.

bamagtrdude

Yes, but for the life of me, I can't get it to sound good at all.
---

ericjames

They must not have made even one of these that sound good.

zelmo1

:toothy9: I need to revise my 1st comment. I tried the Lynch next to my Spring Creek Calls and there is no comparison, the Lynch's is not very good. It sounded ok when my 8 year old tried it, it must be designed for 8 year old girls from Maine only.  I need to get my hearing checked. LOL

chatterbox

Quote from: zelmo1 on March 22, 2015, 10:46:11 AM
:toothy9: I need to revise my 1st comment. I tried the Lynch next to my Spring Creek Calls and there is no comparison, the Lynch's is not very good. It sounded ok when my 8 year old tried it, it must be designed for 8 year old girls from Maine only.  I need to get my hearing checked. LOL
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

owlhoot

Marc

How did you all get free calls???

I have the same call being discussed, and the right side of my call does not work at all...  Just figured it was defective...  However, the left side (or off-side) of the call produces some good sounds...  Wish it were the other way around.

And as cruddy as the right side sounds, I do not want to send it back in fear of them changing the left side...  I can live with it, and it has drummed up some birds when far more expensive calls did not.

So before you give up all hope, try the left side of the call.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

M Sharpe

Quote from: Marc on March 22, 2015, 11:56:51 AM
How did you all get free calls???

I have the same call being discussed, and the right side of my call does not work at all...  Just figured it was defective...  However, the left side (or off-side) of the call produces some good sounds...  Wish it were the other way around.

And as cruddy as the right side sounds, I do not want to send it back in fear of them changing the left side...  I can live with it, and it has drummed up some birds when far more expensive calls did not.

So before you give up all hope, try the left side of the call.

Used to be where you could turn them around. Are they not like that now??
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!