turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nashville convention, when are results released for bidding on call

Started by MikeStaten, February 17, 2015, 10:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeStaten

I bid on several call but had to leave before the final results. Any idea when they notify you if you won?

merocustomcalls

If your credit card was charged then you won and you will get the call in the mail.  If you weren't there in person as the auction ended then you probably got outbid.  Such as happened to me many times as I was upstairs watching friends compete in the calling competition.

MikeStaten

No charge on card yet and the auction ended Saturday. Guessing I'm out of luck at this point.

mgm1955

Hard to win unless you're standing right there when the auction closes.

MikeStaten

Damn. I was hoping to win a few I bid on.  Some of strawsers pot calls were bid up well over $100 when I left and that was several hours before the bidding ended. Clint corders daughters slate, which sounded amazing, was at $175 when I left.   Her slate may have been the best sounding one there. 

worth612000

Does anyone have any info on when and Who will sell the unsold ones on Flee Bay?

MikeStaten

My card was just charged yesterday by the NWTF!

Based on the amount charged I think I won 2 calls.  I won't know which calls I won until I get them in mail as I bid on a bunch of different ones.  I'm pretty sure I have a Bill Lyman aluminum and Kimmy Hanks Aluminum headed my way it could be others from Platz, Schaffer, Strawser etc...  Guess we will see.   

oscar101

Congrats on the calls. I hope you got the Lyman aluminum. I had hoped to win that one but did manage to get one of his slates.

Hillbilly yelper

Tim
New email: lmurdock@k12.wv.us

ncturkey

MikeStaten

Not sure yet.  Only saw the charge hit my card yesterday.  Did not receive anything mail.  Will followup once I get them.

trb136

If you got Kimmy Hanks Call His stuff is Stellar!!! Congrats :you_rock:

MikeStaten

I won a Lyman aluminum in greenheart pot and an aluminum in maple pot by Kimmy hanks. Real happy about both. 

callmakerman

MikeStaten

Bill,
When I first walked over to the call tabIe I heard a guy playing your call and immediately was interested. I'm not great at explaining how a call sounds but that one just plain stood out among the other calls.  Really happy to have it and looking forward to using it.  This is my second aluminum from you, the other is top notch as well.

Thanks!