turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Striker Selection

Started by zelmo1, February 14, 2015, 06:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

:drool: I am looking for suggestions on some striker combinations. I have a triple glass call and am using a rosewood striker and it sounds good, but I would like to try some others but have no idea which way to go. Lots of striker possibliities, any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Al Baker

wvlimbhanger

I've always been a fan of purpleheart. I also got a couple dymondwood strikers made by neal on this forum and they can flat out make a call talk turkey. First dymondwood strikers I've ever owned and they are already in my favorites.

chefrific

Sir, do yourself a favor and talk to Harold Fowler. http://www.haroldscustomstrikers.com/
The end all - be all of strikers.

Heck of a nice guy and makes the best I've ever run on countless types of woods and even fossilized ivory etc. 
A true artist.

scoot12

woodhaven birch flared tip and Steve Morgensterns diamondwood, one piece striker are two of my favorite strikers out there,  I bet I you put a good two piece diamondwood striker to it she would sing.  Scoot

idratherb

I agree with Fowler but also love callmakermans and west augusta. The only three people you ever need to deal with...

mgm1955

Quote from: idratherb on February 15, 2015, 10:24:20 PM
I agree with Fowler but also love callmakermans and west augusta. The only three people you ever need to deal with...
Agreed 100%

okiegobblers

Quote from: chefrific on February 15, 2015, 10:15:17 PM
Sir, do yourself a favor and talk to Harold Fowler. http://www.haroldscustomstrikers.com/
The end all - be all of strikers.

Heck of a nice guy and makes the best I've ever run on countless types of woods and even fossilized ivory etc. 
A true artist.
Excellent selection on his website...very impressive.

zelmo1

:happy0064: I took your advice and ordered 2 strikers from Mr. Fowler and ordered a new pot call from Joe Slaton and an extra striker. My fever is running high, I might not make it, lol. Al Baker

zelmo1

Just got my new strikers from Mr. Fowler and love them. He even sent me a free 1 piece purpleheart striker  that sounds great on my copper pot. The my triple glass pot fell in love with the hippo ivory striker and my slate  loves the snakewood tipped strike. This was a homerun ordering from Mr. Fowler. I am one happy customer. Thank you Mr. Fowler and thanks for the info to get me to him everyone. Al Baker