OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ebony over Mineral Poplar

Started by SS Calls, February 14, 2015, 06:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bama turkey hunter

Tony

davisd9

Mr. Al, that call is one of two things. It is either spitting feathers or full of hen. If it is spitting feathers then they will get all over the place and just make a terrible mess. If it is full of hen then it will weigh too much for you to be hauling all over. You best just send it over to SC and I will take care of the issue for you! ;)

Beautiful call that I know you will put to good use!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

SS Calls

Quote from: davisd9 on February 14, 2015, 07:23:11 PM
Mr. Al, that call is one of two things. It is either spitting feathers or full of hen. If it is spitting feathers then they will get all over the place and just make a terrible mess. If it is full of hen then it will weigh too much for you to be hauling all over. You best just send it over to SC and I will take care of the issue for you! ;)

Beautiful call that I know you will put to good use!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Wow, Donald I really appreciate you lookin' after me like that!  :TooFunny:

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

REBELYELL

worth612000

I tried to get him to build me a scratch box out of Ebony and got shot down. Now I find out He was holding out. I don't hold no grudges and don't blame you. That call is awesome and I would have kept that wood for myself too. Great job Al

And now for the small print. LOL

SS Calls

Quote from: worth612000 on February 15, 2015, 01:10:55 AM
I tried to get him to build me a scratch box out of Ebony and got shot down. Now I find out He was holding out. I don't hold no grudges and don't blame you. That call is awesome and I would have kept that wood for myself too. Great job Al

And now for the small print. LOL

In my defense James, I didn't have any ebony thick enough for a scratch box.  :TooFunny: The Ebony on that box is actually two different kinds for the base and paddle. I found it in the wood box. Must have been left over from an order at some point.
I guarantee once I have some ebony for a scratcher, I'll build you one. Now for the cost.  :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Thanks for the nice words guys.

Bennett

That's a fine looking box. That wood combo is exceptional.

WillowRidgeCalls

That's a turkey's Black Death waiting to happen, sittin right there. Great looking call Al !!!
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

SS Calls

Quote from: WillowRidgeCalls on February 15, 2015, 12:59:47 PM
That's a turkey's Black Death waiting to happen, sittin right there. Great looking call Al !!!

That's a pretty good name Scott!  :icon_thumright: Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated!!

outdoors

AL. WHATS THE SIZE THAT TOU NEED TO MAKE EITHER AND OR BOTH CALLS. THANKS
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

SS Calls

Quote from: outdoors on February 15, 2015, 11:14:07 PM
AL. WHATS THE SIZE THAT TOU NEED TO MAKE EITHER AND OR BOTH CALLS. THANKS

For scratch boxes I start with 1x1 1/2 x 5.  For boxes 2x2x10

merocustomcalls

VA_Birdhunter

Beautiful call Al as always!!!  No doubt its full of turkey!!!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

mgm1955

WOW!!! That's a real looker Al!
Quote from: SS Calls on February 14, 2015, 06:53:24 PM
Quote from: drum817 on February 14, 2015, 06:06:22 PM
Next time I'm in VA I might just steal that one out of your vest!!!!  LOL

I'll be watchin' ya like a hawk brother!  ;D
I'll just wait until you guys are watching each other and slide that into my vest.