turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Browning maxus questions?

Started by Thicketmaster, February 13, 2015, 05:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thicketmaster

Just bought a browning maxus 31/2 inch 12 gauge in 26 inch barrel in bottomland camo!
What chokes have you guys tried out of this setup? I will be shooting magnum blend mix 4x5x7s hevishot! As long as it shoots good. I want to shoot a rhino choke anybody shot this combo? What constriction are y'all using? Any advice will be appreciated! If your using this gun tell me what your using and the results?

JHoyle

I shoot a rhino .670 out of a browning gold and it patterns everything extremely well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

forcercon1

I have a Indian Creek in my Maxus and it shoots Hevi & Lead very well.

You might consider Sumtoy as well.

Snoodsniper

I like .665 choke constriction in my brownings. Rob Roberts,Indian creek, rhino are all good choices. Just have to find what works best. #5 shot is perfect for turkeys IMO.

K9Doc

Not a Rhino fan. Poor customer service.
I would spend my money with Sumtoy
Or Rob Roberts at Gobbler Guns.
Sumtoy is a regular contributor here on
The forum.
He can get u where u want to be.
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

forcercon1

I second how POOR Rhino's customer can be. I purchased a choke for a A400 from Rhino when that gun first went into production. The gun shot POA / POI for all other chokes other than the Rhino... I called and spoke with them about it and all they could say was "That's how a Beretta shoots". I knew that to not be true about the A400 I owned. That was my first and LAST Rhino choke.

I also second on how GREAT Sumtoy (Williams) service is!

gtrjames

I shot a SSX tube and Hevi 13 2 oz #6 out of a 3 1/2 Maxus and had the best patterns I've ever seen.
I have the tube for sale here on the forum because my brother in law bought the gun from me to duck hunt with and didn't need the tube.