OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

DSD strutter

Started by wvlimbhanger, February 13, 2015, 03:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvlimbhanger

Anybody have a DSD strutter?

I'm thinking of adding it to my decoy collection and was curious of your experiences with it.

Thanks,

Nathan

Gobble!

Most realistic Strutter on the market. Great for those field birds. Not great if you plan on being mobile that day. I was using a "turkey tail saver" to carry the real wings and fan but this year I will be using real wings and a silk fan that I can shove in the back of my vest.

Stoner

I have one and can highly recommend it. I also have the Jake DSD and killed two Osceola's off it last year.

wvlimbhanger

Thanks guys. Ordered it this morning.

cornfedkiller

I will be adding one to my arsenal this spring as well.  Can't wait!

ncturkey

I have never been a big decoy person. Due to I like to cover a lot of ground when large tracts of my hunting club. But now that I no long hunt the large tract I have had to change my tactics. I hunt small tracts now. So I do not get to roam around a lot. So I am thinking of purchasing some decoys. The DSD Strutter looks awesome. Good luck with your new Decoy. When you get you new decoy take a few pictures so we can see how good it looks.

cornfedkiller

Quote from: ncturkey on February 14, 2015, 12:54:23 PM
When you get you new decoy take a few pictures so we can see how good it looks.

I actually got a DSD Strutter last spring but was in more need of a new jake decoy at the time, so I returned it and got a new jake.  I snapped a picture of him before I sent him back.  The detail on it is unreal!

Old Gobbler

Best one on the market - use with caution etc...

The newer versions of the DSD jake and strutter have flocking on the back , I added flocking to both mine -

Most people prefer the jake though , and they are effective , for maximum visibility I use the strutter out in the fields
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

allchokedup

Here's a video I made and how I set up my DSD Strutter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-XI-1mhgfo

Gobble!

Not to go off topic but what's everyone think of the new coloring that goes along with the flocking? Gotta say other than the flocking I like the older versions more.

wvlimbhanger

Allchokedup that is a dandy setup.

allchokedup

Quote from: wvlimbhanger on February 14, 2015, 07:59:40 PM
Allchokedup that is a dandy setup.

Thanks. To be honest, I haven't even tried it in the field yet. Hopefully this year.

RutnNStrutn

As with any male decoy, especially strutters, you run the risk of spooking off subordinate gobblers that you would liked to have shot. But I've had a lot more good hunts than ones were a bird spooked. I've had some absolutely incredible hunts!! When a gobbler(s) throw caution to the wind, and charge in to whip your decoy's butt, it's totally worth the risk of spooking a bird. Good luck!!

BlakeJ

I like mine!

This rio didn't though.... This is my video from last spring.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vwkhn19hef4vqdo/00010.MTS

stinkpickle

Too real.  I'd wake up from my nap, panic, and shoot it.