OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Patterning paper

Started by rbreedi1, March 21, 2011, 06:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbreedi1

Hey all, quick question. What is the cheapest and best place to get some white paper to pattern with? and what size do you recommend to see the overall pattern? Thanks!
Thunder Ridge Totes

hookedspur

plck it up pretty cheap at lowes.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

allaboutshooting

Quote from: rbreedi1 on March 21, 2011, 06:19:30 PM
Hey all, quick question. What is the cheapest and best place to get some white paper to pattern with? and what size do you recommend to see the overall pattern? Thanks!

I buy rolls of non-waxed butcher paper at Sam's Club. It comes in various widths. I buy the 18" and put 2 sheets together for a 36" sheet until have a gun sighted in and then just use the standard 18" sheets. Costco probably has it as well.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

bowhunter84

Quote from: hookedspur on March 21, 2011, 06:22:25 PM
:agreed:   thats where i get mine

1iagobblergetter

I go to my local newspaper company and buy the end rolls leftover from printing. I pick them up for about 2.00 each and usually they have quite a'lot of paper on each one.

turkeytromp

I use Christmas wrapping paper that is left over from the holidays, the cheaper stuff from the dollar gen. store, my wife gets cranked up if I use the good stuff!  ;)

killdee

Where in Lowes do they keep it, painting dept? Is this white or is it the reddish rosin paper. I had to use cardboard boxs and poster board this week end on a spur of the moment patterning trip.

VAHUNTER

yep !! i just picked up a roll of contractors paper for $10.00 a couple weeks ago.
Good things come to those who wait

TurkeyTim

I like to go to Office Depot or Staples and get their Easel Pads.   They are 27x30 inches 50 sheets for about $20.  They tear off easy and transport to the shooting range easily.

strutstopper

Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 21, 2011, 08:07:07 PM
yep !! i just picked up a roll of contractors paper for $10.00 a couple weeks ago.

That's the same stuff I use and it works great.

knightrider

Quote from: turkeytromp on March 21, 2011, 06:58:25 PM
I use Christmas wrapping paper that is left over from the holidays, the cheaper stuff from the dollar gen. store, my wife gets cranked up if I use the good stuff!  ;)
:TooFunny: same here brother :you_rock:

njdevilsb

I might have to run down to Lowes and pick some up.  I have been using any kind of cardboard I could find that I figured would be adequate size, but I'm thinking on building a target holder like I've seen on here and just using the big rolls of paper. Seems easier, plus it'll give me a small project to work on. 

wilks

I get rolls of old or discarded blue prints from commercial construction jobs. Back side is clean bright white and real easy to store. The size is about 24"x36" 2 sheets will cover a 4x4 sheet of plywood. Best is they're free!!

whiskey

I use paper called "news print". They sell it for packing dishes and such. You can get a big pack pretty cheap.