---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

ericjames

bamagtrdude

---

turkey buster

ericjames

My father in law has one just like it he is thinking about selling, if he decides to I will own it. They shoot really good patterns with the jellyhead

bamagtrdude

Quote from: turkey buster on February 13, 2015, 03:58:26 PM
:z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:   I love Remington's and you will too!

Yep; I'm a Remington SPS 700 rifle guy for deer...  Love 'em!

Quote from: ericjames on February 13, 2015, 04:12:25 PM
My father in law has one just like it he is thinking about selling, if he decides to I will own it. They shoot really good patterns with the jellyhead

Yep!
---

bmhern

I have the same gun as u, got it last year. I have .665 jellyhead shooting 3.5" #6 longbeards, at 40 yds. I got 247 hits in 10" circle. Some folks say its too tight  for up close, but I shot one bird at about 10- 15 yds. and another at about 40yds.  Was going to try 5s just to see how they did but never got around to it.  Good luck and enjoy your new gun.

Bigspurs68

I have had that same gun for a good while. Mine does great with a .665 Indian creek tube and various nitro ammo loads and hevi 13 loads.
  Much has been said about this combo in other posts lately. Lots of great choke tubes out there for it and several good loads. Have fun with it.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

bamagtrdude

Quote from: bmhern on February 13, 2015, 09:12:53 PM
I have the same gun as u, got it last year. I have .665 jellyhead shooting 3.5" #6 longbeards, at 40 yds. I got 247 hits in 10" circle. Some folks say its too tight  for up close, but I shot one bird at about 10- 15 yds. and another at about 40yds.  Was going to try 5s just to see how they did but never got around to it.  Good luck and enjoy your new gun.

Yep; I got some #6 3.5" LB"s last night; gonna try this out of stock factory choke first, and then proceed from there.

Quote from: Bigspurs68 on February 13, 2015, 09:44:53 PM
I have had that same gun for a good while. Mine does great with a .665 Indian creek tube and various nitro ammo loads and hevi 13 loads.   Much has been said about this combo in other posts lately. Lots of great choke tubes out there for it and several good loads. Have fun with it.

10-4; thx for your experienced "tip"; there has been a lot written, it's kinda tough to wade through & find all the posts...  But, bottom line -- VERSATILE GUN with MANY OPTIONS available to it...  I look forward to using it this turkey season, and hopefully MANY to come!!  Thx man!
---

RutnNStrutn

ncturkey

VaTuRkStOmPeR

.650 Sumtoy or .660 rhino with the 2.25ounce hevi13 6's or mag blend.

Ditch the lead and start shooting some HTL.

bamagtrdude

Thx again, guys; I'm really looking forward to hunting w/this new 870...

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on February 15, 2015, 12:47:10 AM
.650 Sumtoy or .660 rhino with the 2.25ounce hevi13 6's or mag blend.
Ditch the lead and start shooting some HTL.

For sure, man; I've been using HTL for years now...
---

Assault

I had the same stock on my 870 SM..... Took it off..... I had a hard time with the cheek rest bruising the side of my face.... I shoot magnum blend 3" out of a hevi-13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chuckward

Put the same stock on my 870 when it first came out and took it off. Had to really dig my check down into it or I would shoot high. Always felt like I'd been in a fight for a few days after shooting a turkey. Sold it and went back to the regular stock. I think it would have been great if I used a scope. My gun shoots great with longbeard 5's and a comp-n-choke. Chuck