OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Truglo Gobble-Stopper Xtreme?

Started by wisconsinteacher, March 21, 2011, 06:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

My buddy is looking for a choke for his 870 he just got and was wondering about the Gobble-Stopper.  He is hoping to shoot H13 #6 or #7 or lead #5s.  I have read a lot about other chokes like the Jelly Head, IC, and PG but not the Truglo.  He is not wanting to spend a lot of $ also, that is why he mentioned that one.  So, can he make a 3" 870 a 40 yard killer with it?

ILIKEHEVI-13

ILIKEHEVI-13

And if he is worried about shooting Hevi-13 loads through that choke above, tell him to buy this one too. 

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/re8712hechtu.html

$29 for both chokes to your door. 

The Ventilator will work very well with Hevi-13 loads in I know 6's and 7's.  I would say that 5 lead will work well too. 

bowhunter84

Quote from: Spuriosity on March 21, 2011, 07:36:20 PM
Yes, the TG Gobble stopper should make a fine 40 yd combo, but I agree with ILikeHevi, the Ventilator is better.
:agreed: :icon_thumright:

ILIKEHEVI-13

And I'm bragging more on that choke than I am myself here, but this will prove that the Ventilator will shoot in a 870 in case people try to say differently. 

Check these out. 

This one I'm gonna post it in a link so you can see the number of hits on the skull and vetebrae.  That is lighting it up at a true 40yds right there.

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=698494&size=big&cat=&ppuser=23790

ILIKEHEVI-13

And here's the back of that target above in the link so you can see the whole thing at once.

It's the one on the left.  

ILIKEHEVI-13

And here's the 10" cut out cardboard backer from underneath the turkey target above that I had the turkey target above taped to.

hunter177

A TruGlo Gobble Stopper Extreme .665 will work fine in an 870 with a 40 yard max. I shoot an 870 and get the best patterns with a Jelly Head but have a GSX as my spare.
TriStar Viper G2 12 ga.
26" barrel, black synthetic stock
TruGlo Gobble Stopper Extreme .665 choke
Winchester DoubleX, 3", 1125 fps., 2 oz. #5 shot

gophert

Spend the money for a Primos JellyHead .660 and he will never have to buy another choke.  For the money, they cannot be beat in the 870.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: gophert on March 21, 2011, 08:58:05 PM
Spend the money for a Primos JellyHead .660 and he will never have to buy another choke.  For the money, they cannot be beat in the 870.

I don't know about that, but I will soon find out.  I have some chokes I would bet will give it all it wants. 

archery1

my ssx shot great at 30yds an under. over that it didnt hold the pattern i liked though.. i see the ilikehevi has some good luck with it.. read clarks editorial on the ssx on allaboutshooting.com. he knows his stuff
Take a kid hunting

surehuntsalot

Quote from: gophert on March 21, 2011, 08:58:05 PM

thet are not worth a crap for the 20ga guns
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

new2turkey

when I patterned my mossberg 500 w/ the GSX I got 105 hits... This was in 17 degree weather.

renegade19

That's what I shoot in my 870.  Never let me down.