OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Deep Cleaning

Started by dejake, February 12, 2015, 07:35:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dejake

I've seen the term Deep Cleaning.  What constitutes a "deep" cleaning versus a "regular" cleaning?

dirt road ninja

dejake

FullChoke

You won't believe how much crud comes out of a "clean barrel".

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

silvestris

I don't know if I will ever get a clean patch, but I am trying and the cleaner, the better.  It is amazing the crud you can get out of what appears to be a perfectly clean barrel.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

PALongspur

I agree with the others, it is amazing how unclean a "clean" barrel really is most of the time!

I do this a few times a year and it really seems to make a difference!

BowBendr

Quote from: silvestris on February 12, 2015, 01:53:17 PM
I don't know if I will ever get a clean patch, but I am trying and the cleaner, the better.  It is amazing the crud you can get out of what appears to be a perfectly clean barrel.

Amen brother...

VA_Birdhunter

Follow allaboutshooting's instructions and you will get great results!!  I will be doing this again this year right before season!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Snoodsniper

It's like cleaning but deeper. Seriously though be careful...barrels have been ruined by attempting to polish. You should be good if you follow instructions. Just don't get any power tools out.

Dtrkyman

Has anyone tried this on a chrome barrel?  I use chrome polish on a cordless drill to polish mine after a good clean, looks like a freakin mirror!

FullChoke

There is a vas deferens between Deep Cleaning and Polishing a barrel.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.