OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Superstitions

Started by dirt road ninja, February 11, 2015, 10:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirt road ninja

Do y'all have any?

I won't carry a camera (phone doesn't count). Not really all that superstitious, but I definitely see where one could be and I 'm not brave enough to criticize anyone else's superstitions in fear of bad mojo coming my way. 

BowBendr

I've carried a 4-leaf clover my niece found for about 6 years now.
I killed a gobbler the day after she gave it to me.
Won't leave home without it.

drenalinld

I try yo bump at least two gobblers off the roost at the beginning of each season.

mgm1955

Same boots even though they leak.

The Cohutta Strutter

Buckeye toter here. Strutter.
Anybody seen America lately?

Blong

More than 2 shells in gun is sure doom!

West Augusta

Quote from: drenalinld on February 11, 2015, 11:25:21 PM
I try yo bump at least two gobblers off the roost at the beginning of each season.

That one isn't hard to do.  :TooFunny:
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

West Augusta

I wear the same old broken down camo hat.  I had to touch up the camo last year with brown and green sharpies.
It also has the American flag pin that I wore after 9-11 on it and a turkey track pin that I made.
I'm thinking about replacing this year but not sure if I want to go there.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

guesswho

I rotate shells each hunt.  I don't let my hat touch the ground, this goes back to being a kid and what my Dad would do and then always tell me.   I also have a breast feather from a gobbler I killed over 40 years ago facing the barrel in the butt of my dedicated turkey gun at the time.

So no!  No superstitions here.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

davisd9

I wear the same hat I always have.  After I load my gun the first time in the season I always put the same shells in the same order.  Every turkey feather I find as I hunt goes in my vest's game bag and a stays there until the first hunt of the next season.

Nah, I am not one of those crazies.   8)
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Spitten and drummen

when I was very little I was with my grandpa when he called up and killed a good bird. he always had a pocket watch and I remember him pulling it out and checking the time when he killed that bird. he passed and left me that old watch. its with me on every turkey hunt and when I kill a bird I pull it out and look at it. it doesn't keep good time anymore but I still do it. I guess not a superstitious thing just more of feeling my grandpa is with me.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

redjones

I was hunting out west several years ago and came across an old homestead,while walking around I found an old clay marble,and I have carried with me on every turkey hunt since.

Greg
Semper Fi

Tommy Strutsalot

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 12, 2015, 09:09:12 AM
when I was very little I was with my grandpa when he called up and killed a good bird. he always had a pocket watch and I remember him pulling it out and checking the time when he killed that bird. he passed and left me that old watch. its with me on every turkey hunt and when I kill a bird I pull it out and look at it. it doesn't keep good time anymore but I still do it. I guess not a superstitious thing just more of feeling my grandpa is with me.

:icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright:

Very cool. 

remmy1187

I kiss my first shell before I chamber it!