turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Superstitions

Started by dirt road ninja, February 11, 2015, 10:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamagtrdude

Interesting read...  hhhmmm, maybe if I *DID*, I'd have MORE LUCK!!!  hahaha...   ;D

But, nah; I have certain "routines" that I do before each & every hunt (ie chalk my box up real good & spruce up my slates w/the green pads, check my gun, set my boots & gun by the back door, etc.) but I don't have any superstitions; that's more of a "pre-flight checklist" type deal b/c I've forgotten stuff to take to the woods in the past & that aggravates the snot out of me!!  :)

One thing I have begun to do -- call it "superstitious" I guess -- is I try to remember & pray before each and every hunt -- something I started about 5-6 years ago during deer season; it's usually a very simple prayer, where I just thank the Lord for His blessings, no matter what happens on that particular day's hunt...  Not being religious here -- do what you want -- but since starting to do this, I've seen the majority of my hunts go far more successful than unsuccessful now...  It's important to me to start EACH HUNT with a positive, thankful, BLESSED mindset; and successful to me is more than bagging a bird, ALTHOUGH I never rule that out & I remind the Lord of that, too!!  hahaha   :you_rock:

BGD
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

zelmo1

:funnyturkey: Same hat for 15 years, turkeys go in same orange bag my first Jake went in and same featherflex hen decoy. She has been shot by another hunter, a piece of her tail was ripped out by an ill fated coyote( may he rest in peace) and molested by a small Tom last year that met his end. I don't always use her but she is in my vest forever. Good stories on this post. Al Baker

wisconsinteacher

There is always a blue and red PowerAid in the truck with a pack of Snickers next to them for breakfast.  This has always brought good luck for me. 

RutnNStrutn

My ex-girlfriend and I had a thing we did every night before a hunt. We poured a couple of shot glasses of Wild Turkey 101, went outside and hoisted a toast to Orion, the hunter. Not sure if it was superstition, or just a cheap excuse for one more drink before calling it a night. ;D :lol: