turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Want a new custom call

Started by Thunderchicken14, February 11, 2015, 11:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunderchicken14

I am trying to find a good recommendation for a custom built pot call. I would like some suggestions on who to buy from and  what are the benefits from slate to glass. Any help would be appreciated.
Proud member of the "Tenth Legion"

yelpaholic

In my opinion....

Lonnie Sneed makes a great call in slate and glass..
Mike Yingling  awesome copper...
david holloran glass calls....

These are just a few that ive had experience with...typically slate calls are easier to run and have a better soft sound... 

Thunderchicken14

That is what I thought about the difference in the two. I have been looking really hard at the David Hollaran calls. Thanks, I will check out the others.
Proud member of the "Tenth Legion"

perrytrails

Quote from: yelpaholic on February 11, 2015, 12:22:11 PM
In my opinion....

Lonnie Sneed makes a great call in slate and glass..
Mike Yingling  awesome copper...
david holloran glass calls....

These are just a few that ive had experience with...typically slate calls are easier to run and have a better soft sound...

Good advise!!

drum817

Also give Al a call at SS Custom Calls.  He has a new line of pot calls this year called "game over". They sound amazing!!!!  They come in bronzed glass, slate & anodized aluminum.... He will be happy to play them for ya!!!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

PALongspur

Look up Mac Calls on facebook. Mark makes crystal and glass calls that will run beside any call I've ever played!

mgm1955

Platz, Corder, Lyman Reis are some others

skimerhorn

I've got a warbird aluminum in the mail, and you Def can't go wrong with ss

Spitten and drummen

I will say probably the finest I ever ran was from paul platz. I own 3 of his pot calls and they are flat out turkey. might want to look at corder , and dustin from blackstone. I have 2 corder pots and I have 2 on order from blackstone. imo it also depends on what type surface you are wanting. there are plenty of good call makers on here that will do you a good job. each individual has that certain sound that they like , so ask 10 people and most likely you will get 10 different opinions.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

scoot12

I have a Paul Platz cherry slate and its one if not the best sounding slate I own,  also Dustin Jones will make you a killer slate also.  I would first buy a slate call and if you want a second call I would get a crystal surfaced pot.  You can't go wrong with the crystal mistress from David Halloran.  Jimmy Schaffer and Darrin Dawkins also make great pot calls.  Scoot

captin_hook

Sneed, Hollaran, mabry, yingling. ...etc.. lots of great custom guys out there.

Nummies24

Does anyone have the website for the sneed or yingling calls? Or phone number?

Jbird22

Mike Yingling is a member here. Here's a link to his profile where you can send him a PM .. http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php?action=profile;u=175

Lonnie Sneed - no website but here's his phone # .. 304-425-3021

Ctburdchasr

I also would suggest Lon trice.... lonzos custom calls, I have a double glass in zebra wood and a slate in Birdseye maple, great guy fast turn around and a top notch product. Many birds last year made the mistake of answering his calls

Gooserbat

A lot of great calls mentioned here, I'll toot my own horn and tell you to check out my new series of calls the Ol'Hickory.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.